So we now have properly different skill levels!

VIMANAMAN

Have been practising dogfighting with my DIY 1vAI mission... and as soon as I auto update to 7570 it's suddenly become a lot harder!

Previously in this mission (skill set to 'High'), using a 'corkscrew' I could nearly always get on his 6 after the merge. But no more!

After a slightly frustrating hour, I changed the skill level to 'Average' in the ME, and low and behold I could find his 6 again. Previously as Viper informed us, the skill setting only altered the range the AI can detect you.

Seems 7570 brings some more flying skills to the AI - on the higher settings - which is good! (not that I can defeat it on 'High', but it's still good:))

I can't say if the deadly AI guns are now 'graded in terms of skill setting', but I did evade some bursts, but this was certainly possible in previous versions.

Can we have more information on what the skill settings now do please?

And if I'm not mistaken we have AI G lock - which is nice. (although this must have been introduced in the previous version as this is what I thought was an increase in 'AI PK'd).

Definitely less accurate gunnery from the lower skill levels. together with the whole actual 'skill' settings, (this is definitely 7570).

And player swings in the parachute harness (don't know which version here but it's new to me - good animation!).

Excellent stuff ED - SimHQ don't not what they're talking about.

Edited by VIMANAMAN

For anyone in doubt the AI most definitely has a blind zone - as illustrated!

Oh and re the 'over-sensitive elevator' leading to over control and high speed stalls. I remember the ED team telling us this was how it should be, but i wasn't conviced - today I lost an elevator for the first time in a high speed dive - and wow did I get what they meant! I could almost keep on fighting on just one due to the extra available range!

This Sim is awesome! Period

Right, I guess I'm a bit pissed about the SIm HQ review - so will shut up now!:(

Edited by VIMANAMAN

• 5 weeks later...

I beat the AI on excellent every time. It's really not "that" hard. You just have to use the tools you have.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

I beat the AI on excellent every time. It's really not "that" hard. You just have to use the tools you have.
Genius !! +1 for Zoso

Edited by Slap_Chop

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

roflmao!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!