Default keyboard and joystick mapping...

Anatoli-Kagari9

It's been more than a couple of times that I lost my all definitions, keyboard and joystick, when trying to save control mappings in a LUA file. This is rather annoying, and I have to manually set back the default keyboard maps because the DEFAULT option works osnly on a one-by-one basis, instaed of there being a Global DEFAULT option to RESET the keyboard mappings to default values.

I believe theremust be some LUA or the like file, somewhere, stroring default mappings for each aircraft... Can somebody help me finding it ?

Thx !

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Ok while fairly new to DCS World, I will take a stab at this - hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along and clarify as well:

DCS saves the default keyboard, stick, and rudder commands to the following folder:

< your username> saved games-dcs-config-input, followed by the sim folder, each module has it's own folder, ie p51, A-10C, etc.

Under that folder, you will see folders for joystick, keyboard, mouse, track ir ( if you have one).

Now in the keyboard folder, is the lua file for it, keyboard.lua

In it's original configuration, it should be the default keyboard lua file. But here's the thing, if you make changes to the keyboard inputs and have NOT saved it under it's own custom name, then you have changed the default file.

What I try to do, is before I make my changes, I click on the save as button, and save it with my own file name, and for convenience select the same folder to save it in so they are all there together, but you can save anywhere you wish.

Then I load up the custom file, and then make my changes - so if things go right, I should always have the default lua file available to me that I can load if I need to. I try to do this for each of my controllers.

At least, I think and hope that is the way it works... and hope this helps in some way.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Burnette,

thx for your reply :-)

Yes, I found those folders too, and yes, I did not save my settings, so I believe the default ones were written over, yet, when we click on the edfault button over each configuration option the original default setting is automatically set, meaning it should be stored elsewhere (?)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...