X56 HOTAS starter profile

Johnny Dioxin

Hullo Chaps!

Please find attached profiles and diagrams of assigments for the X56 - and I think this will fit the X55 as well - HOTAS.

It's just an initial set-up, until the aircraft is sufficiently learned to know what else needs priority assignment and where.

Bear in mind that I use VR and the throttle wheel and stick POV1 are both used for this - so if you don't use VR, you can reassign them. I also use a UFC and MFDs, so anything pertaining to those is also absent from this profile.

There is plenty of space for other controls to be assigned, too.

Button 5 on both the stick and throttle are used as modifiers - stick is pinky and throttle is perky (make sure to assign these as modifiers and spell them exactly as printed here) - and the diagrams show them in the respective colours of pink and green. * I have attached the modifiers lua file as well - so put it in the input folder and you should be fine.

**NEW LAYOUT** Please redownload the "Joystick.zip" attachment (diagrams are below)

X56_stick_AV-8_B.jpg

X56_throttle_AV-8_B.jpg

X56_base_AV-8_B.jpg

Use as you wish.

*just to avoid confusion - the blue titles are standard button presses. The pink ones are used with the pinky modifier (press and hold "pinky" on the stick before pressing the assigned button or switch) and the green ones are used with the "perky" modifier (press and hold perky on the throttle before pressing the assigned button or switch). Alles klar?

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Would this crossover to the X55 just fine except for your TDC control?

Yes it should - but note that I use two inputs for TDC (the ministick is not that accurate and sometimes unreliable).

PLEASE NOTE: The profile has been updated, now I have got a good few hours in. Some of the assignments were really easy to reach in the cockpit, so I removed them and put in stuff like the sensor switch and HOTAS A/A control.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 3 months later...

Damn!! Almost makes me wanna trade in the Warthog! Almost. Lol. Seriously though, great setup, I'm envious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

• 1 month later...

Sorted - apologies, I've been having a break from DCS World and the forums for a few months. I have simply uploaded my current profile for the AV-8B N/A, but please bear in mind that it is now a few months old (so pre-2.5) and if anything has been changed or updated in the module, it may no longer be accurate.

I'll post the diagrams shortly, too.

edit: done - links in 1st post will now display the diagrams.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides