Some interesting A10 demonstration

REL

NVGs

Wags, I know it's still early in the development process, but can you say whether you will be using the same NVG model as in BS or an updated one that is a bit closer the quality of image in the current generation of aircrew NVGs used by the US & UK?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Would be interesting to know why they used so shallow attack profiles when going for guns. I always thought that a little steeper attack profile is much more efficient.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team
Wags, I know it's still early in the development process, but can you say whether you will be using the same NVG model as in BS or an updated one that is a bit closer the quality of image in the current generation of aircrew NVGs used by the US & UK?

You'll see :)

You'll see :)

Dammit, I knew you'd say something like that.:doh:;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I honestly dont think it is all that early in the development process. They already got developer notes out.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

I honestly dont think it is all that early in the development process. They already got developer notes out.

Man how I want you to be right! Even if it was still a bit off it would be nice to get producer notes so at least we could start to study up on systems and procedures.

Wow, in the demonstration the A-10 pilots were making their tank strafing runs at damn near level flight. In FC2 I come down on the targets really steep to get more rounds on target. I'll have to practice the way they seemed to strafe.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Maybe the wide spread pattern was somehow a requirement for this demonstration?

I have read that gun gets much more accurate with steeper dive, since small elevation errors don't spread out that much. And also, armour is usually much thinner from above.

I don't know if these runs are exactly the way they do things real combat.

Both high and low angle strafing runs are used, it all depends on the target. In real life even the GAU-8 will struggle to penetrate the armour on a modern MBT, low angle runs would probably be more likely to take out the tracks and/or wheels and result in at least a mobility kill. Also a low angle run would mean you could safely fire at a much shorter range so the rounds impact with more energy again improving effectiveness.

Conversely a high angle run would be safer when there are more threats around as you'd spend less time at low altitude.

Much like they way you'd do either a low level CCRP pass or high altitude dive attack with dumb bombs or CBUs.

Spoiler

I know many of you would have seen this, but here is a cool A-10C HUD tape for those havent seen it. Gets the heart pumping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szX45PdUOmo&feature=related

What's that? Keep the fire EAST of the smoke? Haha he really didn't wanna get lit up.

Anyway, if my research is correct - The first producer's note for Blackshark came out on May 22nd, 2008. The English download version was released on Dec 10th, 2008. So roughly 7 months minus a few weeks.

Since the first A-10C producer's note JUST came out, add 7 months. January 12th-13th of 2011 maybe? So unless ED is being completely irregular and purposely releasing media slower than usual, I wouldn't get your guys' hopes up for something being released "soon".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

Anyway, if my research is correct - The first producer's note for Blackshark came out on May 22nd, 2008. The English download version was released on Dec 10th, 2008. So roughly 7 months minus a few weeks.

Since the first A-10C producer's note JUST came out, add 7 months. January 12th-13th of 2011 maybe? So unless ED is being completely irregular and purposely releasing media slower than usual, I wouldn't get your guys' hopes up for something being released "soon".

Are you sure that's not just static you're trying to amplify here? ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Well.... Big part of the warthog is already finished (The Battle Simulator). I think the work they need to do on the aircraft is therefore minor, compared to all the rest of the changes ED is planning for the DCS world. So I think there lies a glitch in your calculation. :) But still, DCS A-10C is promised this year, and if it comes out January 2011... It's still practically within the promise, as far as game development goes.

Both high and low angle strafing runs are used, it all depends on the target. In real life even the GAU-8 will struggle to penetrate the armour on a modern MBT, low angle runs would probably be more likely to take out the tracks and/or wheels and result in at least a mobility kill. Also a low angle run would mean you could safely fire at a much shorter range so the rounds impact with more energy again improving effectiveness.

Conversely a high angle run would be safer when there are more threats around as you'd spend less time at low altitude.

Much like they way you'd do either a low level CCRP pass or high altitude dive attack with dumb bombs or CBUs.

Another low angle attack ....