Best DCS Aircraft to train a beginner

Fish

A-10C. Very Forgiving to fly...very powerful in a fight...Then move on to an F-15C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

For single player. F-5E-3 module. You can take it from basic flight to combat training. It is not game-like as FC3 modules, has realistic systems, and is easy to fly and learn on.

Warning! The following may act as 'trigger' for fans of DCS: Hawk, and DCS: L-39.

Simulator in itself is about traning and entertainment. For me its a hobby of sorts, along with more serious Prepare3D. Having a trainer, inside a trainer seems, to me, redundant. However those training module have very detailed navigation system. F-5E nav is kind of simple. Which can be augmented with just released NS430 Pop-Up, assuming it is compatible with F-5E module.

DCS: L-39

Yeah, but the ZA model is much more than just a "trainer inside a trainer" as you put it. It's a great COIN aircraft as well, and has been used as such in many RL conflicts too.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Thanks for all the comments.

Considering everything, and throwing out my own favourite aircraft, I'm going to recommend the L-39 Albatros for the following reasons.

1. Its a basic jet training aircraft in RL.

2. Its got the dual seat, so simulates a training environment (and I can help him get started)

3. Avionics are basic (not simple), so focus is on flying.

4. No HUD (by dismounting the gunsight), so focus is on VFR, and instrument flying, without aids.

5. He is more interested in learning flying, and not combat at the moment.

6. Got fairly good clickable cockpit, simulating realism.

7. Its a Jet and not fighter prop, so no complex engine management.

8. Advanced FM for realism.

9. VFR hood for pilot in training.

10. Excellent aircraft and cockpit modelling.

An excellent choice. He will love it. :thumbup:

Speaking of COIN, and thanks for triggering me, I so humbly wish, pray, desire, cry, weep, slit my wrists (only the right one) , for OV-10D Bronco/II module. Hands down the fineset COIN platform ever. Superior, even to today's A-29 Tucano. Despite my vehement objections, USAF/Reserve Command and Foreign Military Assistance Command have selected A-29 as standard COIN platform for low intensity conflicts.

Keep in mind that Bronco could , with mission load, T/O and recover from aircraft carrier without hook, or launch assistance. Why USMC retired it after 1991 Gulf War, I do not know. Probably budgets. A modernized Bronco can carry Hellfire, UK Brimstone, ZUNI, TPOD, and operate in hot and high that helicopters cannot. It can land in a parking lot.

I so humbly wish, pray, desire, cry, weep, slit my wrists (only the right one) , for OV-10D Bronco/II module.

Dave, have you tried the mod linked below and if so is it a valid flying plane for the current DCS 2.5??? Thanks

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/600266/?sphrase_id=9759609

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

I installed it, per instructions. Copied TF-51D FM bin and cockpit to OV-10 aircraft/mods but OV-10 does not appear in the sim. It is just a P-51D with OV-10 external 3D model, but Mustang with respect to everything else. Thats OK, I kind would like the actual sim.

In case the mod needs actual P-51D data to work, sadly I don't have P-51D module, and have little interest in WWII modules. I don't like tail dragers. With few exceptions *.

Unless someone cares to update P-51D to proposed A-51 or Piper PA-48 Enforcer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_P-51_Mustang_variants#/media/File:Piper_PA48_Enforcer_USAF.jpg

WWII era DCS modules desired. Full systems modules , AFM/PFM only. No game modules.

P-38F/G

P-61 Black Widow

F7F Tigercat

Mitsubishi J4M1 "Senden"

Edited by DaveRindner

For single player. F-5E-3 module. You can take it from basic flight to combat training. It is not game-like as FC3 modules, has realistic systems, and is easy to fly and learn on

I would recommend it also. Very nice and simple plane, yet have lot of potential.

Thanks for the detailed answer, DaveRinder, It doesn't sound like it would be that great.

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

Speaking of COIN, and thanks for triggering me, I so humbly wish, pray, desire, cry, weep, slit my wrists (only the right one) , for OV-10D Bronco/II module. Hands down the fineset COIN platform ever. Superior, even to today's A-29 Tucano. Despite my vehement objections, USAF/Reserve Command and Foreign Military Assistance Command have selected A-29 as standard COIN platform for low intensity conflicts.

Keep in mind that Bronco could , with mission load, T/O and recover from aircraft carrier without hook, or launch assistance. Why USMC retired it after 1991 Gulf War, I do not know. Probably budgets. A modernized Bronco can carry Hellfire, UK Brimstone, ZUNI, TPOD, and operate in hot and high that helicopters cannot. It can land in a parking lot.

Amen to that. I have always said to my flying (real) friends, if I could have any surplus warbird it would be a Bronco. It is a plane that cover so many bases of flying, from low and slow to fast and angry.

Thanks for all the comments.

Considering everything, and throwing out my own favourite aircraft, I'm going to recommend the L-39 Albatros for the following reasons.

1. Its a basic jet training aircraft in RL.

2. Its got the dual seat, so simulates a training environment (and I can help him get started)

3. Avionics are basic (not simple), so focus is on flying.

4. No HUD (by dismounting the gunsight), so focus is on VFR, and instrument flying, without aids.

5. He is more interested in learning flying, and not combat at the moment.

6. Got fairly good clickable cockpit, simulating realism.

7. Its a Jet and not fighter prop, so no complex engine management.

8. Advanced FM for realism.

9. VFR hood for pilot in training.

10. Excellent aircraft and cockpit modelling.

That is exactly what I would have suggested if I had seen this thread earlier. It is not for nothing that real world pilots progress from fairly simple and slow aircraft, through lead in trainers, to frontline models. No matter the bells and whistles an aircraft has, you first have to control if. If you lack basic flight skills the rest will not be a pleasure.

Good choice, but I'm also recommend F-5E for buy next time because only this module have 3 types of pitch axis realization in options. This is very need to know for all people of earth.

i5-4670/3,4Ghz/16GB DDR3/64xWin7/GTX1070/2xHDD RAID-0/1080p/Своп на отдельном харде