=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Seriously don't understand why you continue to run this mission. Just baserape cat and mouse garbage non stop. Literally any of the other missions, no matter how finished or buggy were better than this.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I'm open for any propositions. But there is some requirements for mission design that are a subject to change, but currently they are:

1. Mission objectives units should not be statics or scenery objects

2. Units that are supposed to be destroyed for mission objective completion should have the following prefix in the unit name:

side_objective_n where side = side of a coalition that is supposed to destroy the unit (red or blue), n - the number of mission objective to which the unit belongs (1,2,3.. etc)

for example:

red_objective_1 unit #001, blue_objective_2 very heavy tank etc.

3. It's desirable to have text description for each objective somewhere in google sheet, so i ctrl+c ctrl+v them to the mission and pilots will see via radio menu

4. Mission objectives may contain additional (optional to destroy units) that can be anything just to make it look more realistic (I prefer infantry, few statics and trucks).

5. Briefing images are welcome.

Also, if you don't want do missions but can write entertaining text descriptions or draw cute briefing images you are welcome, we can collaborate on existing missions.

Anyone can pm me and offer a contribution if you're willing to, but it's not a necessity :)

Oh nice! Good to hear!

[sIGPIC]http://www.settimostormo.it/images/Firme/racetrack.png[/sIGPIC]

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"

"Se non guardi a ore 6 almeno ogni 5 secondi non parlarmi di combattimento aereo, piuttosto fai il comico"

If you pay for it I will.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Seriously don't understand why you continue to run this mission. Just baserape cat and mouse garbage non stop. Literally any of the other missions, no matter how finished or buggy were better than this.

I’m with you, that Caucuses mission is horrendous. I feel like all the action is 10nm from base and on the deck. I don’t understand why with such a large map we don’t have missions that actually require you to fly and use navigation (I know for some it’s such a dreaded thought). But I’ve always felt that is a huge component missing from DCS. (Then again maybe that would add to much realism and we can’t have that. Sarc:/)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably after ED will finish the Spitfire we'll see some good missions too.. Sabali..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Probably after ED will finish the Spitfire we'll see some good missions too.. Sabali..

Maybe, but I don’t recommend holding your breath waiting on ED, they have a history of taking forever!

Maybe, but I don’t recommend holding your breath waiting on ED, they have a history of taking forever!

..and for very good reasons I might add. After 2.5 stable and Hornet release things will work at a faster pace. At least Wags said so..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I’m with you, that Caucuses mission is horrendous. I feel like all the action is 10nm from base and on the deck. I don’t understand why with such a large map we don’t have missions that actually require you to fly and use navigation (I know for some it’s such a dreaded thought). But I’ve always felt that is a huge component missing from DCS. (Then again maybe that would add to much realism and we can’t have that. Sarc:/)

Long flights are better as coop and single player or large organized events with start times. The current model of on going servers with 24/7 missions are designed more for drop in and out action. suggest joining a group which is something I need to do.

..and for very good reasons I might add. After 2.5 stable and Hornet release things will work at a faster pace. At least Wags said so..

I really want to believe that, I really do! But I haven’t seen anything lately to tell me that’s true. I understand that making to 2.5 change took a lot. The F18 is coming out and thats great! But what about all the other aircraft that are still in Alpha or Beta or the Maps that are still Alpha. The multiplayer is stilled bugged by crashes and memory leaks and players have been clamoring for a new damage modal for over two years. I’ve been a fan for a long time but my patience is wearing then. ED doesn’t appear to be listening to anyone and they rarely seem to actually finish anything, All I’ve seen for the past two years is release then abandon and move to something new. I’m honestly trying to be patient to see what happens after the final 2.5 release, but a lot of players have already abandoned DCS making the community smaller by the day.

I really want to believe that, I really do! But I haven’t seen anything lately to tell me that’s true. I understand that making to 2.5 change took a lot. The F18 is coming out and thats great! But what about all the other aircraft that are still in Alpha or Beta or the Maps that are still Alpha. The multiplayer is stilled bugged by crashes and memory leaks and players have been clamoring for a new damage modal for over two years. I’ve been a fan for a long time but my patience is wearing then. ED doesn’t appear to be listening to anyone and they rarely seem to actually finish anything, All I’ve seen for the past two years is release then abandon and move to something new. I’m honestly trying to be patient to see what happens after the final 2.5 release, but a lot of players have already abandoned DCS making the community smaller by the day.

I understand you perfectly, as I also get frustrated by those persistent bugs, from time to time..but I also understand that what ED and its partners are trying to achieve is something else and at a different level from many aspects. The last but not the least, DCS is a very niched product and this comes with some downsides as the ROI is quite low compared to the effort and resources involved. I won't give you any advice just keep in mind that patience is your best friend in this situation.

See ya up there!

Specs:

Settings:

Long flights are better as coop and single player or large organized events with start times. The current model of on going servers with 24/7 missions are designed more for drop in and out action. suggest joining a group which is something I need to do.

I’m already in a squad thank you. A lot of us that continue to fly this sim and keep this community alive dislike the “grind” in the current mission. We prefer to fly in a PvP server as either elements or squads with some level of historical realism. If we wanted to fly the grind we could all go to the “other game”. But instead we politely request changes to the missions that fit a little better with the realism that DCS offers. Take “Normandy Anticipation” that’s a far better mission that was built by Eekz based on feed back from the community. The only real issues it has are all DCS related and out of Eekz control.

I understand you perfectly, as I also get frustrated by those persistent bugs, from time to time..but I also understand that what ED and its partners are trying to achieve is something else and at a different level from many aspects. The last but not the least, DCS is a very niched product and this comes with some downsides as the ROI is quite low compared to the effort and resources involved. I won't give you any advice just keep in mind that patience is your best friend in this situation.

See ya up there!

Thanks man, I get where your coming from and I think it’s not only the current situation that frustrating me but like you said it’s a “niche” and I’m seeing a lot of good pilots and good friends abandoning DCS due to all these things. That of coarse is making the overall community smaller and smaller. ☹️

This

Wags said so..

lol :music_whistling:

TBH part of the problem is just scaling the mission for the amount of players. Road to Evreux is great with a decent amount of people and the smaller maps are ok on week days when there is no one online. But we waited for years for a decent WWII map and we are still flying the same silly multiplayer mission over Novo. I understand DCS is always WIP and stuff is broken and that making missions that work well is not easy, but that is a poor reason to stick with literally the WORST mission out of all the working ones you have had running in the last couple months.

I don’t understand why with such a large map we don’t have missions that actually require you to fly and use navigation

This would be awesome, but unfortunately with the regular player numbers it just won't work. Especially with spotting as it is. The sad part is that the Buddyspike guys even ran a second Case Blue campaign when Normandy came out, but no one played it. The original was awesome.

9./JG27

This

lol :music_whistling:

TBH part of the problem is just scaling the mission for the amount of players. Road to Evreux is great with a decent amount of people and the smaller maps are ok on week days when there is no one online. But we waited for years for a decent WWII map and we are still flying the same silly multiplayer mission over Novo. I understand DCS is always WIP and stuff is broken and that making missions that work well is not easy, but that is a poor reason to stick with literally the WORST mission out of all the working ones you have had running in the last couple months.

This would be awesome, but unfortunately with the regular player numbers it just won't work. Especially with spotting as it is. The sad part is that the Buddyspike guys even ran a second Case Blue campaign when Normandy came out, but no one played it. The original was awesome.

I guess the reality is that those like us will always be in the minority vs those that just want to grind. And thanks to ED (Spitfire issue) the player base is becoming smaller and smaller. I’m literally seeing the same hand full of names on the server all the time and it used to not be that way at all. The during the week players seem to be diminishing leaving the weekends the only time for any real PvP action. Last week the server was a ghost town every time in got on.

I don't even mind 'grinding'. If it were a proper dogfight server that would be different. But all it is atm is just people either camping the base for easy kills or running away to hide in the flak every time they get outmaneuvered.

9./JG27

=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

Hey Eekz who is on your Burning Skies Team Speak channel? The last couple time I’ve tried to use it there where some very immature and rude kids on it. They where on all channels speaking different languages. Their names are not familiar and there not flying on Burning Skies. It’s made the team speak channel unusable. Has some one else hijacked or take over your Ts channel?

Edited by Campbell

Let me introduce you Caucasus mission which will be at the server until Spitfire fix. I'll call it Artillery Wars because all objectives units will be artillery units :)

artillerywars.thumb.png.613342978c405bcd14aa27688277d908.png

Need to finish some drawings and little things and will host it at the server tomorrow.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook