Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

We must agree to disagree

Well, I just ask myself, what support pages are made for? As I stated in the post above, there is a support page. So just use it. No other person, except the one asking, is interested in his tracking number and time of arrival. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

So we can only post topics that will appeal to all? If no other person will benefit we shouldn't discuss?

weird....

So we can only post topics that will appeal to all? If no other person will benefit we shouldn't discuss?

weird....

I'm sure, you're right... I wish you lots of fun reading the tracking numbers. :D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thanks for the images Flow - really looking forward to getting mine now!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Thanks for the images Flow - really looking forward to getting mine now!

You're welcome :)

Took me 10 minutes to install, including running after my 2 year old taking off with my tools.

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

Took me 10 minutes to install, including running after my 2 year old taking off with my tools.

Outstanding - I don't have a two year old to contend with! Just need to wait til my batch ships now :(

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

so, I'm happy with the control improvement, however, it seems that the slew does not always return to center, and gets stuck slightly downward. This makes it hard to keep slewed on something, as I have to remember to physically bring it back to center.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

so, I'm happy with the control improvement, however, it seems that the slew does not always return to center, and gets stuck slightly downward. This makes it hard to keep slewed on something, as I have to remember to physically bring it back to center.

Sorry to hear you have been having some issues - I have sent you an email and I'm sure we can get it fixed!

Just a quick general update - progress on shipping orders is still good. The October batch is all on track of dispatch over the next few weeks and the November batch immediately after.

I will also hopefully be posting some more development updates on a few things soon, so if you are interested it that stuff stick around :)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

OK. I'm stumped. I installed the slew hat successfully, and made sure my firmware is up to date. I ran the calibration tool, and I can see the axes working.

However, this only works when plugged directly into a case USB port. If I used my powered hub, which I rely on for all my flight sim peripherals (at a short distance from my case,) the device shows up as a "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed.) Lights on the throttle don't turn on.

Any help?

OK. I'm stumped. I installed the slew hat successfully, and made sure my firmware is up to date. I ran the calibration tool, and I can see the axes working.

However, this only works when plugged directly into a case USB port. If I used my powered hub, which I rely on for all my flight sim peripherals (at a short distance from my case,) the device shows up as a "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed.) Lights on the throttle don't turn on.

Any help?

That seems like a strange one. I have not had any other reports of any issues with a USB hub. I use one personally and for most of the development too without any issues.

The first thing I would try is to temporarily disconnect the new sensor and recconect the old one and see if the same issue still happens.

I would also make sure to try some different usb ports on the hub to see if it's just one port giving issues.

If I had to guess I would say the most likely reason for this is if the usb was connect to the hub for a while in your setup, then it's possible some dust or corrosion has got in when it was finally removed which is giving issues.

Let me know how you get on.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Well, new day, another attempt, and suddenly it's fine on the hub. I have no idea why, I tried restarting yesterday and it didn't help. Who cares, it's working now! Fantastic upgrade, with this and having cleaned out and re-greased the action, it feels like a new throttle.

I've already made my own, although it should be noted that it assumes the ministick is not soldered to the board, so you may have to do some extra wiring depending on what you've got.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2900369

Thanks a mil for sharing this! I also bought Delta's original force-sensing mod (which works excellent!) but I want to (re-)use your design for another mod where a moving thumbstick is preferable.

Sorry to hear you have been having some issues - I have sent you an email and I'm sure we can get it fixed!

Just a quick general update - progress on shipping orders is still good. The October batch is all on track of dispatch over the next few weeks and the November batch immediately after.

I will also hopefully be posting some more development updates on a few things soon, so if you are interested it that stuff stick around :)

Okay, so apparently I can't follow instructions completely. I had originally calibrated with Windows only, so when I re-read the install instructions to make sure I had done everything right, I realized there was a Throttle Calibration tool.

After using that program, I ran into an issue of the stick being way off center toward the top (opposite of the original issue I was having). I took a chance and calibrated with Windows again (I know, against the original instructions, but just wanted to try it), and now everything works as it should.

Thanks again, great piece of kit!

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

My Slew upgrade rocked up yesterday and installed last night. This fixes up my biggest gripe on the Warthog - the trackball cursor. Radar control on the Hornet and M2000C are so much easier, as is controlling the TGP and Maverick seekers on the A10C.

This upgrade is a game changer.

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

Everyone saying how good this is... you're making these few weeks hard to bear!

Just got mine a few days ago, #1194. Installed last night and works really well, it's amazing how fast the tgp moves now, most likely i had the wrong axis settings anyway but the sensor is much better than the crap thing the throttle shipped with. Must have upgrade, and a big thumbs up from me ;)

*ps* kit comes with two outer plates, one with a square cutout, the other is round. Who uses what? I put in the square one, are there any advantages using one over the other?

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP