Howto make specific KNEEBOARD pages for special aircraft?

uboats

From several latest MiG-21BIS review videos, we can see that mig21bis supplies many specific kneeboard pages concerning startup, NDB stations, etc.

Here I have a question that once mig-21bis has been installed, will we see mig-21bis specific kneeboard pages when we fly other aircrafts?

If not, how can we make our own aircraft-specific kneeboard pages? (Otherwise, the total pages of kneeboard will increasing rapidly if more PFM/ASM standalone modules are installed)

* did not find any thread talking about this. *

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I suppose one could make a folder for each aircraft, containing only the pages you want for each aircraft and use JSGME to swap them in before you choose which aircraft you're going to fly. You'd have to make a backup of the original kneeboard folder so you can get back to the default if need be.

I haven't looked into this, its just a guess.

Regards,

Milli

This would be awesome, no more switching 150 pages to find stuff. :D

Yeah, especially after the release of mig-21bis which shares all its (tons of ) kneeboard pages to every AC :D

I suppose one could make a folder for each aircraft, containing only the pages you want for each aircraft and use JSGME to swap them in before you choose which aircraft you're going to fly. You'd have to make a backup of the original kneeboard folder so you can get back to the default if need be.

I haven't looked into this, its just a guess.

Regards,

Milli

it can work, but seems you have to quit the game before change to another aircraft.

Having a facility to place pages separately for each module would be a good move.

I would definitely make good use of it.

don't whether we can modify the lua scripts for kneeboard pages such that it can find certain subfolders according to the under-controlled aircraft.

This thread might help.

that thread only talks about howto add customized pages.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

don't whether we can modify the lua scripts for kneeboard pages such that it can find certain subfolders according to the under-controlled aircraft.

Pretty sure it can be done. PeterP's kneeboard mod allows individual directories for specific aircraft. Would just have to dig through it and find the code that directs it and edit the default files. I still use that mod with all the aircraft except the FC ones because they jump around.

• Like 1

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

• ED Team

Kneeboard already have functionality for per unit separation

see part of Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua

local terrain_path = get_terrain_related_data("KNEEBOARD")
local common_path  = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/CUSTOM"
local user_path    = lfs.writedir().."KNEEBOARD"

local unit_name    = get_aircraft_type()

if unit_name ~= nil then
scan_path(terrain_path..'/'..unit_name)
scan_path(common_path ..'/'..unit_name)
scan_path(user_path ..'/'..unit_name)
end

it means that itry to find images for unit in three folders :

inside active terrain folder

Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard

for example for P-51D it will try to scan

Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard\P-51D folder

inside self kneeboard folder

Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CUSTOM\P-51D

and inside user dir

C:\Users\<USER>\Saved Games\DCS\KNEEBOARD\P-51D

also it try to find pages inside mission with same pattern

<MIZ_FILE_ROOT>/KNEEBOARD/<UNIT_NAME>/IMAGES/

• Like 1
sigpic2354_5.gif

You folks may want to have a look at this as an adjunct to your conversation.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341

:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Kneeboard already have functionality for per unit separation

see part of Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua

Thanks Alex! That will come in quite handy. :thumbup:

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip