Mi-8 v1.5b vs. v2.1a?

msalama

Guys,

Is the Mi-8 on a same patch/update level in both branches (v1.5 & v2.1) ATM? And if not, which branch gets the updates first? F.ex. the camera cockpit shake option was mentioned in a v2.1 changelog a while back, but there's no mention of it whatsoever in the v1.5 changelogs that I can find. So are the branches synced ATM? Or do they differ and if so, which is more advanced?

Thanks for answers!

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I'm not sure but I think updates for Mi-8 come first in v2.1.

Because I realized that a gauge on dash was updated for v2.1 first. Next patch, we saw same update in v1.5. Maybe this evidence doesn't proof anything.

By the way I remember I've seen "Cockpit Shake" option in v1.5 for Mi-8... I think...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

That has been my understanding too, I just thought I'll run this past you folks here so as to get some opinions. I don't have v1.5x installed ATM - my disk space is at premium - but the last time I did, I'm pretty certain the cockpit shake was already there. Still, no mention of it in the changelogs which kind of made me wonder...

Anyway, I'll continue presuming v2.1 gets the changes first, and will thus keep it installed instead of going back to v1.5. S!

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Nah, sometimes 1.5.x gets patch with new features first, sometimes 2.1.x does. But they catch up to each other relatively soon anyway...

I think this is correct, there is no rhyme or reason to it. Normandy is the trend of the day so 2.0 gets it first at the mo.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.