Introduction

Mt5_Roie

So I'd like to take a second to introduce myself, being the newest member of the Polychop Simulations. Some of you already chatted with me during the live stream for the Gazelle over the weekend as I was frantically trying to post all the questions and answers on the chat.

So little background. I've been flying simulations for over 30 years at this point. Started when I was in second grade flying on an IBM using microsoft flight simulator. I've flown most simulations in between but my favorites are X-plane for civilian aircraft and learning realism, and DCS of course for military aircraft. I've been flying DCS since 2011, but had Lock On prior to that.

I'm currently on my third home cockpit build and it's farily done. It's a modular design that has five different panels and controls for both jets and helicopters. I enjoy working on my pit and find that it makes flying so much more fun. I've recently started converting one of my panels for the SA-342 so will share that when it's finished.

I've worked on some DCS projects over the years and have enjoyed tinkering when I can. I've flown with some virtual squads over the years and currently fly with the 355th. While I own all the current DCS modules, I am most familar with the A-10c. I enjoy building missions and have created several training maps to use over the years.

So I was brought on board to Polychop to help with the coding. I've been coding one thing or another for over 30 years as well. I'm fluent in more computer languages then I care to admit...some that don't even exist anymore. I'm looking forward to helping out in current and future Polychop projects and know it'll be lots of fun.

I'm also currently the person with the longest flight time in the Gazelle with an Oculus Rift. I have the DK2 version and my CV1 should be coming at the end of this month. I think the rift is a big game changer and can't wait to see how it get incorperated into more flight simulations (or other simulators) as well.

I"m a software engineer by trade. Also a proffesional improv actor on the side. I also do community theater plays as well. I'm married with two lovely daugthers.

So to summarize....hello!

• Like 1

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Hello there!

Welcome to the "is it done yet" community :D

Looking forward to what you guy's have in store for us all. :thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to trying out a rift for the first time, like yourself I believe it is a real game changer. From an experienced "rifter's" point of view, may I ask if you think my system would handle the CV1? I did try the system checker on the Rift web site and it states my CPU ain't good enough :( Sorry to go off topic!

Meanwhile.....welcome again :)

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Welcome mate, Thankyou for all your work upto this point. Any chance of a CV1 review when you get it.

Sorry Bart, did you say it was done. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Cowboy,

I will have a gazelle flight video with the CV1 the day it arrives. I'm trying to prep my wife and kids that I'll be in the basement for several days when it arrives.

I do have videos of the various DSC modules with the rift on my channel at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOtherWhiteMeat22

I will keep all Gazelle videos on the Polychop channel until it goes public.

Welcome mate, Thankyou for all your work upto this point. Any chance of a CV1 review when you get it.

Sorry Bart, did you say it was done. ;)

Cowboy10uk

Hi there !

Great to see experienced programmers join the crew !

[Although I am curious which languages dont exist anymore, they mostly just get rarely used.

{hint:my nickname ;)}].

Hope you will have fun and welcome on the forums ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Well you don't really hear about Pascal anymore...although I always loved it as a language.

Cobol and Fortran are not truelly extinct, but nobody sent them a birthday card in the last couple of years either.

Hi there !

Great to see experienced programmers join the crew !

[Although I am curious which languages dont exist anymore, they mostly just get rarely used.

{hint:my nickname ;)}].

Hope you will have fun and welcome on the forums ! :)

Glorious old languages. Shaped the stuff we have today so much.

Cobol Fortran C aka the old gang. :D

Anyway nice to know you aboard of the polychop crew ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?