Nvidia setting question...

fitness88

DCS.exe and Oculus.exe are both available in Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings>select a program to customize. It's been awhile since it was determined that there is little to no advantage making adjustments because Nvidia does not see Oculus as a device.

Has anything changed?

Thank you.

You can customize DCS and it does do stuff.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I use the Nvidia Control Panel to set my profile for DCS.exe to " Prefer Maximum Performance".

All other settings I do in the game GUI. Not going to do much if anything setting them in the NCP.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I found for VR you could set FXAA, it definately works. It makes everything look blurry though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

DCS.exe and Oculus.exe are both available in Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings>select a program to customize.

Are any of you selecting these 2 in the 'select a program to customize' or are you just relying on global settings?

Just DCS.exe.

I see no reason to set a profile for Oculus Home.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

DCS.exe and Oculus.exe are both available in Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings>select a program to customize.

Are any of you selecting these 2 in the 'select a program to customize' or are you just relying on global settings?

Dcs.exe gets some attention.Global settings for occulus.

If my global setting in Nvidia is set to " Prefer Maximum Performance", do I still need to set "DCS.exe" to " Prefer Maximum Performance"? Or does global take of DCS as well.

You are good with global.

If my global setting in Nvidia is set to " Prefer Maximum Performance", do I still need to set "DCS.exe" to " Prefer Maximum Performance"? Or does global take of DCS as well.

I believe Global would take effect, you can easily check it though in Nvidia Control Panel. With Global set take a look at the DCS profile and see if it says "use global setting - prefer max perf".

I personally prefer setting it in profile as I do not want my PC always running full bore.

Don B

Don, you can overclock to max and set performance settings for all the time with no issue, GPUs are automatically idling (in terms of frequency and voltages) when unstressed.

Edit - nevermind think I was confusing with a bios setting regarding CPU.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Yes you're right. You have to choose an option for voltage (adaptative) if you want your CPU to run low voltages when not stressed.

(personnaly I run override voltage value with "conservative" frequency and voltage, but if I was running with high values I would set an adaptative voltage)

for GPU no need.

EDIT : DRAC you mean the launcher you want "nvidia CP" to modify ? (if so : DCS:Blackshark(dcs.exe))

Edited by toutenglisse

I believe Global would take effect, you can easily check it though in Nvidia Control Panel. With Global set take a look at the DCS profile and see if it says "use global setting - prefer max perf".

I personally prefer setting it in profile as I do not want my PC always running full bore.

This is what I found: "d:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world openbeta\run.exe". Is this what I set for Prefer Maximum Performance?

This is what I found: "d:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world openbeta\run.exe". Is this what I set for Prefer Maximum Performance?

No.

You should see an existing profile you can manage for DCS under Program Settings in Nvidia Control Panel for:

Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark (DCS.exe).

1562337721_DCSNvidiaControlPanel.jpg.d08828e4934b60a47e42b003e19f5d0f.jpg

Edited by dburne

Don B