What are these on the stores page?

razorseal

Hey guys,

Lately I've been flying a bunch of stuff so it's been a bit since the hornet. I just noticed these things that I don't remember seeing before... can someone tell me what they are?

2019-02-20-LI.jpg

Just randomly throwing it out there, I also wish TWS was working already. Really useful for multiplayer. I'd love to soft lock targets and see IFF on it.

Can't wait for that datalink thing or TWS to be implemented. lol

Hey guys,

Lately I've been flying a bunch of stuff so it's been a bit since the hornet. I just noticed these things that I don't remember seeing before... can someone tell me what they are?

2019-02-20-LI.jpg

Just randomly throwing it out there, I also wish TWS was working already. Really useful for multiplayer. I'd love to soft lock targets and see IFF on it.

Can't wait for that datalink thing or TWS to be implemented. lol

Yeah we are looking forward to the TWS and IFF hopefully next month.

From what I can make out from the image on the Air to air store page

Size: size of the aircraft that is being targeted. I believe all aircraft a put in categories based on size. Like an awac or tanker is different from a mig 19 in categories.

RCS: Radar cross section of the the target.

My layman knowledge. Hopefully some fellows with better knowledge would explain better along the way.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Yeah we are looking forward to the TWS and IFF hopefully next month.

From what I can make out from the image on the Air to air store page

Size: size of the aircraft that is being targeted. I believe all aircraft a put in categories based on size. Like an awac or tanker is different from a mig 19 in categories.

RCS: Radar cross section of the the target.

My layman knowledge. Hopefully some fellows with better knowledge would explain better along the way.

I figured (wasn't sure) that's what they were, but what does it correlate to for shooting, whatever purpose it serves? like what If I shoot a large transport plane and I have small selected?

and how about the thing on the side? auto vs manual. S mode I think?

i read somewhere that size changes the trigger distance of the proximity fuze and rcs changes the bias of the aim120 seeker to go for bigger or smaller targets once it goes pitbull

interesting...

can we confirm this? and if it really works, or a placeholder?

I lean toward more of a placeholder. I just maybe wrong. If I remember correctly, nothing was said on if it those features were really at work during use of a2a weapons.

I honestly have not researched their implementation.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

i read somewhere that size changes the trigger distance of the proximity fuze and rcs changes the bias of the aim120 seeker to go for bigger or smaller targets once it goes pitbull

I have read similar, as well too that the RCS will change the range when the AIM120 seeker goes active (so it doesn't try to go active too far against a small RCS), and so on as well it will decide by itself what it actually should target itself.

Like consider that there is a tanker flying with a four fighters next to it. So launching AIM-120 at the group would let pilot to choose that what is the primary target in case the datalink is interrupted or when seeker needs to make the final decision what is its target, a tanker or fighters.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I lean toward more of a placeholder. I just maybe wrong. If I remember correctly, nothing was said on if it those features were really at work during use of a2a weapons.

I honestly have not researched their implementation.

I don't remember either. I watch the updates like a hawk looking for new cool features. lol

What are these on the stores page?

I read somewhere S Mode has to do with the IFF/datalink. I remember seeing that in a thread Wags responded to.

PS I can’t wait for datalink. This implementation will complete majority of the BITs on the BIT page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I read somewhere S Mode has to do with the IFF/datalink. I remember seeing that in a thread Wags responded to.

PS I can’t wait for datalink. This implementation will complete majority of the BITs on the BIT page.

Same... D/L will be huge help for a2a on MP. once we have the tpod, a2g will be awesome.

and that's another question I have. the BIT page is full of degrade and nogo. is this by design? I'm afraid to fly the plane with all those NOGOs lmao

Not by design. Just because stuff isn’t complete in the sim. In time the BITs will slowly be resolved.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer