DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

I find it incredibly ironic that in this thread while a tiny minority have raised some dubious complaints, there is a pretty large majority complaining about the "complainers".

I know that this will probably fall on deaf ears but if you have nothing constructive to say perhaps it is wiser to say nothing. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially that the purchase was for an EARLY ACESS, and plenty of people are already using it...

Sorry to burst your bubble.

None of you paid for Early Access.

Everyone who has already spent their money on the Tomcat paid for a module in PRE RELEASE for a discount!

You were not 'promised' anything,

You have no contractual agreements either (read the small print)

Its comical to see how emotional people are getting over this. The people that are already using it are testing the module to make the release better for you.

Its also no where near as simple as 'If its ready for YouTubers, its ready for me' .... No.... no it isn't!

Try to think of this objectively instead of emotionally, obviously there is some planning between HB and the YT video creators, we see what we are allowed to see. Just because you didn't see any bugs doesn't mean that none exist.

Its also pretty naive to assume you know better than the people developing the aircraft just because you have watched someone fly it on YT.

These guys have worked around the clock for years to bring you the Tomcat therefore they get to say when its ready, not you or me but the people actually building the thing.

They are not playing games with you, it has nothing to do with customer respect or hype but the fact that blood, sweat and tears have went in to making this module possible and they want it to be as good as it can be when they present it to the public.

Would you want to spend years creating something only to be slammed for things being wrong with it that you could have fixed?

Come on people, get off the 'I paid for early access' train and be a bit more realistic.

You got a discount on a module that was clearly labelled 'Pre Release', this means you are giving money to something that has not yet been released.

It doesn't entitle you to early access or a say in when it's released.

Have faith ... In a few weeks all this complaining won't even matter as you'll be blown away at how good a job the guys have done on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3816096']Sorry to burst your bubble.

Everyone who has already spent their money on the Tomcat paid for a module in PRE RELEASE for a discount!

giphy.gif

The shop mentiones an early access phase. So actually we paid for both.

Also thank you very much for taking on the burden of already flying the Tomcat ;)

;3816096'] None of you paid for Early Access.

Ok, mr White Knight. I doubt HB needs an advocate but thanks for helping them...:D

On a serious note, I think we are now a vast majority to have understood that HB did the job and that the choice of the release date is not in their hands. Period.

I am frustrated, I’d be happy to watch more of this long-awaited module on YT, the waiting has gone on for too long but I can live with that. How ? Because now I know more or less what’s going on.

ED, your turn now. :music_whistling:

The shop mentiones an early access phase. So actually we paid for both.

Yeah it 'mentions' Early Access but does not say the end user is 'getting' Early Access

"* The F-14A and the TARPS pod will follow later during the Early Access period and the tutorials and campaigns will be implemented and expanded during this early access as well."

When modules are first released to DCS they are called 'Early Access' modules because they are in the early stages of being accessed :D

You'll see on the DCS Main Menu that the F-18 is still labelled EA. EA in this sense doesn't mean you get access before everyone else.

Also thank you very much for taking on the burden of already flying the Tomcat wink.gif

Thanks, I can confidently say none of the waiting is going to matter when you see it.

Have faith and a little patience and you'll be rewarded one hundred times over!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Actually we did, both of that. Early Access just didn't start yet. What we're seeing on the Tube is a press version. Early Access will begin by March 20th. Probably one week earlier, but that's just my thought for now.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Why have the pitchforks come out now a month before the self-imposed deadline?

I scanned through the dumpster fire, but the frustration seems a bit misplaced for now. How about we keep it light hearted until the 21st? You will probably already be smashing into the fantail by then.

I dont understand why this thread is still going, and why people are saying "if they breach march 20th it will be a breach of contract"?!

Its been stated clearly that it is up to ED now they have given the module over to them, all we can do is let ED do ED things and wait. As far as i am concerned unless the module somehow gets passed down by ED, Heablur have delivered exactly as they said they would.

It doesn't matter who has it. The module was paid under certain conditions. And customers are to have it within the contractual timeframe.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

How is missing March 20th a "breach of contract"? There was nothing in the purchase agreement guaranteeing that we'd have it *by* March 20th. "Winter 2019" was an estimate, and so far they're on track to meet that estimate. Yet, if there is something that delays the release another few weeks, HB has no contractual obligation to those who pre-ordered.

There is no estimation in winter 2019- winter 2019 ends march 20th.

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

You were not 'promised' anything,

You have no contractual agreements either (read the small print)

Its comical to see how emotional people are getting over this. The people that are already using it are testing the module to make the release better for you.

Its also no where near as simple as 'If its ready for YouTubers, its ready for me' .... No.... no it isn't!

Try to think of this objectively instead of emotionally, obviously there is some planning between HB and the YT video creators, we see what we are allowed to see. Just because you didn't see any bugs doesn't mean that none exist.

Its also pretty naive to assume you know better than the people developing the aircraft just because you have watched someone fly it on YT.

These guys have worked around the clock for years to bring you the Tomcat therefore they get to say when its ready, not you or me but the people actually building the thing.

They are not playing games with you, it has nothing to do with customer respect or hype but the fact that blood, sweat and tears have went in to making this module possible and they want it to be as good as it can be when they present it to the public.

Would you want to spend years creating something only to be slammed for things being wrong with it that you could have fixed?

Come on people, get off the 'I paid for early access' train and be a bit more realistic.

You got a discount on a module that was clearly labelled 'Pre Release', this means you are giving money to something that has not yet been released.

It doesn't entitle you to early access or a say in when it's released.

Have faith ... In a few weeks all this complaining won't even matter as you'll be blown away at how good a job the guys have done on it.

That's cute but..

Honestly, I really appreciate your work but I was beta testing sims 20 years ago, so please don't come here telling me a story. Now go enjoy your tomcat (and track bugs). Nobody has blamed you.

Oh and btw, I bought the sim for the early access period like everyone else.

Edited by FZG_Immel