PLAYSTATION 5

Bradader

I do not want to sound rude but a console will never be able to move a flight simulator (not just because of the graphics, just because it lacks buttons and keys to handle the simulator well with a standard pad)

To this day some PCs have some problems with DCS (minor problems, nothing important, but over time they will be solved as small key points of the optimization, nothing serious)

To all this ... DCS is the best optimized flight simulator on the market, referring to other flight simulators a powerful PC costs to reach 60 fps, not to say it does not reach 60fps (something essential in a flight sim and in software in general) imagine in a console, it is imposible from my point of view that a console can handle DCS, Xplane, P3D and other sims

Edited by Raytheon

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

QUICK QUESTION, WITH THE NEW PLAYSTATION 5 OUT WITH IN ?2020 WITH NEW GEN TEC WILL COULD WE SEE DCS REALISED ON PLAYSTATION.:pilotfly:

Sorry, bro. This is not Ace Combat. Are you sure you're in the right forum?! :megalol:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

It's a big sandbox, to each their own and the more the merrier. They should adopt the new MAC series to XBOX and PS5 as a source of revenue and to attract new players. It takes a long time and talented developers that are very scarce and in high demand to develop a full fidelity module. There are a finite amount of weirdos like us who will spend this much time and money flying imaginary airplanes. We're never going to have the same kind of numbers or budgets as GTAV, Assassin's Creed, or one of the trendy shooters or Battle Royale games that change flavor every month.

Consoles are essentially mini PCs that are mass produced. They have been for a couple generations. When new XBOXs and Playstations come out they are faster than a lot of the gaming rigs people have because of how fast this tech moves. Moore's Law is very much a reality as anybody who has tried to sell used computer components knows. Sony and Microsoft are willing to sell the hardware at break even to a loss because they make money on the software. XBOX players can now use a keyboard and mouse as well, FYI. Besides, the USB ports aren't a different special USB only for consoles, they're USB ports.

Did you ever see that movie "The Last Starfighter" back in the day? They need to remake it, besides the amazing state of the art computer graphics that Disney pulled off at the time, Spoiler Alert: A transcendent supraplanetary organization used video games to recruit new star fighter pilots to save the galaxy from the evil Zurg... Or something like that. I just IMDB'd it, it was the evil Xur and the Kodan Armada. Great movie, anyway. We need them to save our Galaxy. A typical teenager or gamer doesn't have thousands of dollars to drop on a gaming rig AND flight sim gear. What if a casual gamer wants to just try DCS without all the expense. There are a couple free modules, but my idea is better. And I'm pretty sure the developers at ED are way ahead of us on this one.

"You know what makes these birds go up? Funding makes these birds go up, No Bucks, No Buck Rogers." ~ The Right Stuff

the comments are priceless hahahahaaaaaaaa

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

If the PS5 has keyboard support, then sure, it could be done. But I can't see how it would be profitable to port it over. The console market is not known for its embrace of simulator type games in general (flying, racing or more realistic shooters such as ArmA).

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

can you try imagine a gamepad with 54 buttons?

No...but the console it self could support hotas systems..like they do with racing wheels...also the high end ones...

That said it is unlikely to port dcs on console...that kind of gamers won’t trow money on serious stuff like flight sims

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

If the PS5 has keyboard support, then sure, it could be done. But I can't see how it would be profitable to port it over. The console market is not known for its embrace of simulator type games in general (flying, racing or more realistic shooters such as ArmA).

Given that the PS4 has had keyboard support, not to mention support for any other USB compliant input device (if the game developer supported it) since launch that seems like a safe bet.

Was Gran Turismo not one of the premiere racing sims for a long time?

A MAC port could prove very fruitful. A lot of console owners are also PC owners.

PS plus members get free game trials monthly. A free month of MAC on PS could very well lead to a large influx of new full fidelity DCS players or at least paying MAC on console players.

Was Gran Turismo not one of the premiere racing sims for a long time?

No, Gran Turismo has never been a sim (maybe its last iteration it's a bit closer to that word...), PC had always the true sim racers, from GTR, F1 Challenge, Live for Speed, NASCAR papyrus series, rFactor,...)

So, as for the question I hope not. It doesn't matter that PS4/5 supports keyboard, DCS with a keyboard it's unplayable (even if I have managed to land with keyboard).

DCS would move away from true sim coming to PS IMO.