Boeing F-15 Advanced Eagle!

mytai01

It would be awesome to have the Advanced Eagle...;)

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

The problem with adding modern up-to-date platforms is that the performance characteristics are mostly secret or protected, and the avionics are very secret. Radar performance, like stealth, is super secret, for example. Even on old aircraft like the Sr-71, some people still claim that the actual top speed is classified.

Adding such aircraft would result in a guess at the performance and as a result dilute the accuracy of DCS which is what hard core simmers appreciate.

So don't expect (or keep wishing for) the F-22, F-35, Silent Eagle, Pak-Fa, Su-35, Typhoon etc. If you want to play a game with these sort's of aircraft then you're limited to the likes of Ace Combat, or as I like to call it, Call of Duty - Flight edition.

I know this is a wishlist section, but there's really no point wishing for platforms that'll never make it.

So don't expect (or keep wishing for) the F-22, F-35, Silent Eagle, Pak-Fa, Su-35, Typhoon etc. If you want to play a game with these sort's of aircraft then you're limited to the likes of Ace Combat, or as I like to call it, Call of Duty - Flight edition.

I don’t agree with this sentence.

While it is true that would be difficult to do a study sim of these platforms with a lot of guessing involved, i have to say also that between dcs advanced system modelling aircraft and ace combat there is a place for a middle ground...think about the old DID sims...lile ef2000 and f22 and total air war...i would die for a new version of these sims with today graphics and new tech like track ir and vr

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I don’t agree with this sentence.

While it is true that would be difficult to do a study sim of these platforms with a lot of guessing involved, i have to say also that between dcs advanced system modelling aircraft and ace combat there is a place for a middle ground...think about the old DID sims...lile ef2000 and f22 and total air war...i would die for a new version of these sims with today graphics and new tech like track ir and vr

Well, DCS already has a "Game mode", where everything is made easier. Perhaps you could include these imaginary flight model aircraft there. You could even have that magic radar that sees everything in all directions, and have a 'next target' button so you don't have to do any work yourself, just like those old sims. :)

I used to really enjoy Enemy Engaged Commanche Hokum, but I wouldn't want to play it now just because they updated the graphics.

Aside from exterior, everything about it is classified for next 20 years or longer. It would not be a simulation of F-15 AE, it would be speculation and approximation. I suppose ED could start with current F-15C module , which is 1990's -2000 since it carries AIM-120C, increase engine power by 15%, allow carriage of all stores on all stations, replace analog instruments with glass pit. Add conformal tanks for extra fuel. But everything else is dark. There is no significant public data on AESA radar for advanced F-15 which likely based on F-22 LPI AESA. The video showed what may be distributed aperture system, but it could be something else.

We are not going to get 4.5 and 5 gen accurate simulations for next 20 years. So no Advanced Hornet, no F-35, no F-22, no SU-35, no SU-34, no F-16I Block 70, no GrippenE, no Grippen NG, no Typhoon, no J-20, no Rafale. Even aged SU-24M is not likely to be simmed. Not for commercial market anyway.

We may get somewgat accurate modules of Indian LCA Tejas, and JF-17 Thunder.

No reason for developers to NOT to roll out accurate PFM and ASM of SEPECAT Jaguar, Tornado GR4,Harrier GR7/9/Plus+ , F-16C Block 50 (which is in development),

Aside from exterior, everything about it is classified for next 20 years or longer. It would not be a simulation of F-15 AE, it would be speculation and approximation. I suppose ED could start with current F-15C module , which is 1990's -2000 since it carries AIM-120C, increase engine power by 15%, allow carriage of all stores on all stations, replace analog instruments with glass pit. Add conformal tanks for extra fuel. But everything else is dark. There is no significant public data on AESA radar for advanced F-15 which likely based on F-22 LPI AESA. The video showed what may be distributed aperture system, but it could be something else.

We are not going to get 4.5 and 5 gen accurate simulations for next 20 years. So no Advanced Hornet, no F-35, no F-22, no SU-35, no SU-34, no F-16I Block 70, no GrippenE, no Grippen NG, no Typhoon, no J-20, no Rafale. Even aged SU-24M is not likely to be simmed. Not for commercial market anyway.

We may get somewgat accurate modules of Indian LCA Tejas, and JF-17 Thunder.

No reason for developers to NOT to roll out accurate PFM and ASM of SEPECAT Jaguar, Tornado GR4,Harrier GR7/9/Plus+ , F-16C Block 50 (which is in development),

Exactly. This post needs to be copy/pasted into all the "I wish we could have..." threads.

In my opinion, those Aircraft could be realized as FC3 Aircraft, like current F-15C is not realistic, in many aspects.

For the DCS sim level Aircrafts, many times the flight model and systems are modified during Beta, if the simulation is based on the real data, some even developed with real pilots, wondering why those issues are not fixed on the internal testing, before going to public Beta

( I am not complain about beta modifications ! I just interpret them as necessary improvements on the gameplay, to make it more smooth and easy handling )

The SR71, makes not so much sense with the current map size, but as I remember from some reading, the limiting factor for top speed was the engines first stage blade temperature, but being Mach 3.5 or 3.52 would make no big difference in a PC simulation as the simulation is for sure not 100%

I think the frequency is to high for new DCS level Aircrafts, but this seems necessary to keep the business running.

Personal I waiting more for dynamic campaign, would even pay for.

Another important point with regards to AESA radar is that in addition to a lot of importat info being classified, it would also probably require a lot of reworking of the existing radar code that already exists in the sim. Just look at the difficulty that Heatblur had with ground mapping radar and the ongoing work getting that implemented in the F/A-18C. Implementing AESA would be a massive project even if it were not classified.

Best to stick with aircraft that carry the previous generation pulse-doppler radar technology, since that's at least something that has been implemented in DCS.

Another important point with regards to AESA radar is that in addition to a lot of importat info being classified, it would also probably require a lot of reworking of the existing radar code that already exists in the sim. Just look at the difficulty that Heatblur had with ground mapping radar and the ongoing work getting that implemented in the F/A-18C. Implementing AESA would be a massive project even if it were not classified.

Best to stick with aircraft that carry the previous generation pulse-doppler radar technology, since that's at least something that has been implemented in DCS.

approximation in virtual environment doesn't meant exact identical simulation of Real life thing.

AESA radars basically just have faster refresh, and can more reliably pick up targets ( due to phased array individually scanning vs Mechanical radar array movements) , can operate A/A and A/g modes simultaneously they dont rigger other aircraft RWR's and are far more resistant to ECM jammers. as a PlUS A/G SAR mapping technology is also better and provides higher resolution ground imaging.

I bet existing technology could be expanded or adjusted to make this "approximation" work based on general knowledge of how AESA radars work. Perhaps make this first attempt at AESA via Simplified Flaming cliffs/ MAC style module, and if it works, expand on it and eventually make a full fidelity module with AESA radar.

Not implying that this makes the advanced Eagle a viable A/C . ITs not simply because its not something actually in service yet, let alone the fact any declassified FM or dash 34 to be available any time soon even if it were.

BUt there is an aircraft that could at least be attempted based on general AESA knowledge. The F/A18E/F Super hornet lot 26 ( the First Block 2) or SH block 1 Lot 25 retrofitted to block 2 via AESA upgrade , since there is a FM to actually support general operation , weapons delivery and the fact there are commonalities with the legacy hornet, when it comes to software, MFD pages layouts, datalink, ATFLIR TGP, and most of the weapons types used, which would mean knowledge and some code from a prior project would be applicable.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Luckily the RWR doesn't care if it's AESA-borne signal or not :)

Thats not exactlyto be the case, especially looking at the "legacy" 4th gen fighters we have in DCS ? :book:

According to various sources AESA radars doesn't tip off RWR or at least not long enough to home in the direction of radar source. They have a very low probability of Intercept.

AESA radars are using a multiple set of frequencies that are constantly changing. OFC there are various AESA radars, and already there are various updated iterations of the types in Use on Eagles or Super Hornets, and RWR technology is being updated every # of years so it may further vary on scenarios bu But lets say F35's APG81 radar , lets say it changes frequencies 1000 times ( possibly more) a second.

an adversary RWR will have to have the capability 1st isolate these multiple frequencies from background radiation/clutter , then process these signals , finally send it back before these detected frequencies change again.....and it will have to do this more than 1000 times per second ( or faster then whatever the radars given freqency refresh rate is) , and this is further complicated by the fact these frequencies are not in sequential order but randomized every time around.

See where the problem is? Simply put for typical RWR as encounted in preceding aircraft, the 1st - 2nd gen AESA radar will generally be nothing more than electromagnetic noise, and even with the latest and greatest RWR's this is again becoming a challenge due to various generations of AESA radars already existing. Almost an analogy to the race between ECM equipment and additional jamming resisting technologies into radars being updated.

If using RED flag examples this very much is reflected, in the real world. In many cases You have AESA equipped stealth aircraft ( f22, F35) that the pilot in adversary 4th gen aircraft doesn't even know a stealth aircraft is operating around vicinity let alone that they are detected via radar source with ntil its announced that hes just been splashed ( simulated A2A kill). because in such a case they can neither detect them with passive sensors like RWR, and have extreme difficulty finding them on search radar. ofc Newer aircraft with MWS would be different but probably not give enough warning time as one would like.

Now also imagine the situation is harder for an actual adversary as AFAIK they dont have the Singnals intel let alone a Teen fighter or 5th gen AESA radar in postilion study and reverse engineer so newer RWR can counter and fully proper jam them with ECM.

Now of course a F15 eagle with AN/APG63 V2/V3 or SH with AN/APG79 V1-V4 are not "Stealth" aircraft. Radars can detect them very well, but based on public knowledge and analysis passive sensors such as RWR are going to have trouble detecting AESA sources, and therefore a focus BVR detection purely via actual search RADAR scanning ( and greater reliance on EWR or AWACS) thus reducing situational awareness, and giving AESA equipped fighters a first Shot advantage, against an aircraft that has a Mechanical array radar.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD