DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

Way to blow things out of proportions. The only one out of that list that can be held against HB is the 2017 no exceptions post (and at the time they hadn't started presales, given production builds to press or a release build to ED, unlike now). Everything else was just idiotic hype made up by the community.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@moonshot…..

Blimey!

:shocking:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Way to blow things out of proportions. The only one out of that list that can be held against HB is the 2017 no exceptions post (and at the time they hadn't started presales, given production builds to press or a release build to ED, unlike now). Everything else was just idiotic hype made up by the community.

Of course you are right.HB can release it when ever they wish,nor they are obligated to give release date.

It is not like money have changed hands..oh wait..they did.

Maybe u do not respect your time or your money,but he does and i do.

The date is 20th of March.

I'm sure that by then we will get another announcement,of the day when official release date will be announced.

Edited by Void78

We're targeting December. We're guaranteeing Winter.

That is all we can commit to until we announce a specific date. :)

Targeting December 2018 was not idiotic hype made up by the community

Wrong. Every single one of those dates and/or ‘windows’ was given by a HB rep over the years.

By the way, their very own store still says F-14 2018 release:

https://store.heatblur.com/pages/about-us

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well you are certainly not wrong, moonshot. But I guess that's the thing with software developement. It just always takes so much longer than anticipated. That is also the reason why I stepped away from preordering this time. I'll gladly pay $10 more for the Tomcat as soon as it's released.

Edited by Manuel_108

Is this conversation constructive?

If anyone should be upset at spending another year of developer salaries to fill out the product during the course of 2018 - it should be me and my wallet.

Until money has exchanged hands and you've become customers, dates remain as estimates, not guarantees.

If you're going to dredge up every mistake made across 5 years of complex software development, we're going to be here for a while.

I've tried to succinctly summarize that transparency leads to inaccuracy many times. In a complex product with many new elements, this will ring true every time.

The higher your complexity, the worse off you can be.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Is this conversation constructive?

If anyone should be upset at spending another year of developer salaries to fill out the product during the course of 2018 - it should be me and my wallet.

Until money has exchanged hands and you've become customers, dates remain as estimates, not guarantees.

If you're going to dredge up every mistake made across 5 years of complex software development, we're going to be here for a while.

I've tried to succinctly summarize that transparency leads to inaccuracy many times, it just doesn't seem to take.

dont take his posts too serious, he´s just pissed. Everybody else here apreciates your efforts to give us the Tomcat, some more...some less. But I´m sure that 95% of the Community is like

by reading his posts.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

For me, last week of waiting

After 4 years of the first announce, after 4 month of pre-sale, after 1 month where i see a few number of youtuber make video with early acces (WHY ????? and WHY all pre-sale can't have early acces ????????? that STUPID)

I'm just tired, and that piss me off

Last week and i cancel my pre-sale, i prefer take il2-bodenplatte for my next simulator time

regard-S.

:mad:

After 4 years of the first announce, after 4 month of pre-sale, after 1 month where i see a few number of youtuber make video with early acces (WHY ????? and WHY all pre-sale can't have early acces ????????? that STUPID)

Last week and i cancel my pre-sale, i prefer take il2-bodenplatte for my next simulator time

regard-S.

tenor.gif?itemid=5908525

WHY ????? and WHY all pre-sale can't have early acces ????????? that STUPID

Please calm down.

They said they have to give personal support to the youtubers who have it already, to get the bird flying. How should that work for 1000s of people? Software development doesn't work like that.

regard-S.

holy cow, guys please...calm down...I am eager to get the Tomcat as well...but seriously, is that a reason to get that much angry?

Cobra clearly stated that the releases so far had a certain purpose, creating academic Videos and hunting down bugs, you should be happy because those realeases and bug hunting could have be done behind closed curtain till release without academic Videos...so calm down and play somethings else or learn how to use the HARM with the Hornet or even better...go out for a walk.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I have to wonder how a good news after a long time can still make people depressed, angry, irrational ... why, how, WTF.

How one or two weeks more can make any difference here after several years?

Just sit back, get a beer, or something and relax, watch some movie, read a book, anything...

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Well, clearly the don't have rio yet. Noone has seen it yet. I posted it before and I'll repeat it, they just handle the hype and information flow very badly. Now I'm just coping with refund request on March 21st which is getting more and more likely every day...

Well, clearly the don't have rio yet. Noone has seen it yet. I posted it before and I'll repeat it, they just handle the hype and information flow very badly. Now I'm just coping with refund request on March 21st which is getting more and more likely every day...

There's literally a thread a few steps below this one with streamed (uncurated) footage of the RIO cockpit..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233087

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Keep drinking, it's Saturday night after all

Lulz