Lua/Skin Help

Backdraft

HEllo All

I apologize in advance if this is a dumb ?, but I am very new to skinning and trying it out but Problem is I Kinda don't know what the LUA stuff is or how its set up, If read and watched tutorials but it doesn't really say what I am looking for or at.

So my Problem is 2 of them. I tweaked a huey skin, and I got it to kinda work, the Tail and Blades are there but Not all the way the pixels are showing but in color. Also the weapons mounts are in the Green pixels, and I removed the bmp thing from LUA. and nothing happed. and the skin part that works is like super shiny and on my white trainer skin for sure when it should be dead flat.. So what do I need to do to fix it, can someone help me, so I can fix this and apply the same to my others. thanks a lot in advance. im attaching my lua too so maybe some can see what im doing wrong.

Screen_190204_145056.thumb.png.0f193f3be7f0be2ff2e954661c55e05d.png

Screen_190204_145059.thumb.png.e07756ba2f43cd999c2af5679f284e38.png

Screen_190204_145104.thumb.jpg.e24e3024808692736f785af24e002029.jpg

description.lua

Double check the spelling as It looks like one of the layers (either the diff or spec) are not loading.

true = the texture file is elsewhere

false = the texture file is in the same folder as the description.lua

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Joey. Now you say elsewhere? What does that mean?? So let me see if my logic is right.

on my huey. The skin is there but the underneath is not. So where is else where or can I grab from another hjey. I copied the items the were in another files the 9 items. But just that was missing . Now another thing I. Noticed is i tried to change a Pilot to one i did with same naming but it showed it as an original MI 8 pilot. But I changed in folder. N ow wouldn't it be all pixilated.

But it wasnt, it was a stock pilot. ??

For the Mi-8, if you are trying to remove the tail bort numbers, put the file name as empty..example:

{"mi_8_BALKA_1_2_NUMBER_001", DECAL ,"empty",true};

For the Huey, missing Textures are common with misspelled words...as an example, look at:

DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries\uh-1h\USA Red Flag

See the 3 files that are inside the folder (beginning with redflag)

then look inside the lua file and notice how they have the word "false"

use that as a baseline for your lua file.

meaning whatever files you have modified in the folder, it says false...

and whetever you do not modify...it says true

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

• 2 weeks later...

A member here named Strut is trying to set me straight, this is what he has passed long so far - I was trying to solve the same problem you are.

Strut - "Rob, good try, but your only problem was you named the textures with file extensions for .dds .bmp and .tga. The first two will cause the textures not to show, you can use the .tga but you dont have to. 'SO DONT BLOODY USE FILES EXTENSIONS' hahah !"

That's what he said in a PM to me, and he changed the ones for my unit. They are 99% fixed. I've asked for help on the last piece of the puzzle, the results so far are that the skin went from looking similar to yours to looking like this:

IbAmFZW.png' alt='IbAmFZW.png'>

Getting close!! I told Strut I would chant his name if he helped me get my beloved Huey straightened out. Now I know he said not to, but...

Strut! Strut! Strut! Strut!

~Rob

Rob PM sent

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE