Next time you shoot those missiles...

razorseal

Just remember what they cost before you pull that trigger. Lmao

Found this on an article about the f15 that had to jettison load into the ocean (actually it fired them for some reason)

Each time you miss, it's costing you nearly a million! Lol3867f15fa9413b1fe0d72b0fb13b83db.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Edited by razorseal

How does that compare to the aircraft we shoot down?

That kind of depends on the aircraft doesn't it?

I think you could buy a mothballed MiG-15 for a couple of thousand euro's / dollars.

A combat ready MiG-21 incl. fuel and weapons? Maybe 1 million? Probably not more...

On the other hand, the USA also has a much bigger budget than an opposing country flying old MiG's. So shooting one down will still hurt them more, even if in absolute terms, you are loosing money.

And, if the F-15 would not use the missiles to save money and let the MiG-15 come into gun range, some interesting things could happen. :D

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

That kind of depends on the aircraft doesn't it?

I think you could buy a mothballed MiG-15 for a couple of thousand euro's / dollars.

A combat ready MiG-21 incl. fuel and weapons? Maybe 1 million? Probably not more...

That is the wrong way to look at it imho. It's not so important how costly the adversaries weapon systems are (ok, long-term, economy wise for a full fledged war, it actually is probably a factor). But more important is, how much damage (and that not only in money...) the enemy could inflict and now can't.

If that MiG-21 carries a nuke, then even 10 AIM-120 fired at that single plane are probably more than worth it!