Let's build a Huey Cockpit!

Kornskydiver

Hey Sporg, I've seen some great reviews on the 229th forums and I plan on picking one up hopefully within the next couple of weeks! I heard they offer different profiles for the various dcs modules which sounds amazing! So I'm really looking forward to it!

You will be in for a treat. ;)

Can't recommend it enough myself.

And yes, they develop different profiles for each and every module.

In different modules you can feel gear movement and weapons release under you in each side, and fixed wing AB vibration in your back for instance.

They are working on different gun feeling now, depending on type and rate of fire.

The important thing is that it transformed my flying in both helicopters and fixed wing to "seat of the pants".

I react to feeling the increasing vibration rather than seeing it on the monitor.

I hardly had any VRS or stalls since I got the seat, can fly nicer and more precise with it.

And for the Huey especially, I always felt that the effects were spot on.

Sorry for OT'ing a bit, just thought this gadget would go well with a good cockpit like yours. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

About 600 Euros according to the website.

Icebear, does the collective have hydraulics, do you know?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Both, the collective and the cyclic, are made with oil filled dampers from rc-cars, I think.

Take a look at the cyclic basis and you can see them.

Ohm, now I am unsure... Perhaps only the cyclic was with these dampers and the collective is with a break... But it works ;-)