Mirage 2000 cockpit size

matbog

Are you able to share the 3d files? I'd like to get a few of the panels for my own pit

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 months later...

For those of you who are interrested, I share my 2D drawings here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4elj4tlrgoqidua/AADjyMU9LUNXo_ILgYJZcr62a?dl=0

Feel free to use it and post your pics in the forum!!!

I will add the following drawings step by step.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey mate there is a Mirage gate guardian in Adelaide, Aussies seem pretty laid back about stuff that isn't American (fkin ITAR).

I dont really know what models they operated but I do know a few people who may be able to get me access or (Australia is a big place ;-) ) get someone I know where there is a variant you are after into the cockpit.

I dont know if I can but happy to try if you can find any info on where ex aussie mirages are.

Hey mate, I'm residing in Brisbane and at Amberley AFB round Willowbank here have a mirage in the hanger in pretty nice condish the last time I saw it. Found an extensive history of what happened to a majority of the mirages. Also a look at the aircraftin question. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers 406

http://www.vipers406.com/

62nd Fighting Falcons

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/

Jesus is coming, Look busy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, came across your post as I am looking to make a basic frame of the M2000 cockpit.  I just need an outline for now as I fly in VR and use pointCtrl to flip virtual switches...but good to feel the panels of the cockpit.

Your 2d drawing are no longer avail on the link.. can you share them again?

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Hello @matbog,

I decided to also work on my own sim pit and have been following this thread for a while, as I'm currently waiting for raw materials for the right and left console, I decided to slowly start working on the individual panels and most important research. First of all thank a lot for the 3D cad file of the cockpit super useful when looking for parts. I'm working on the right console mostly as it comes to the design of the displays and outputs. but now while waiting I started looking at the Armament Control Panel "PCA". I started looking for 16 segment displays but I wasn't able to find any that would fit in that size. Later I noticed that you seemed to have produced some kind of CUSTOM PCB that has the distanced and locations for all the LED`s, and also I noticed you created some sort of spacer for the light guessing from acrylic or 3D printed. I was wondering if  you would be willing to share your files so I wouldn't have to design something like that from scratch. 

Thankyou very much for being inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi skyblockpro1.

Sorry for the late answer, I lost the following of this thread but i just reactivated it.

The work is very slow on the PCA. There is still lot of trial and modifiactions to do. The PCB was designed by a friend of mine I don't know yet if he would like to share it.

I can share the rest of the 3D model If you want but I am quite limited in the export format because I use a free version of Fusion 360.

You also have to know that it is very difficult to print the mask, even on a resin printer. I never succceded for now... I think the only way is to mill it.

I decided to go with a custom PCB only because I have a real face plate and "on the shelf" 16 segements display don't fit in it, but if I diddn't I would surely design my PCA to fit "on the shelf" 16 segments displays. 

IMG_20211010_142204.jpg?dl=0

IMG_20211010_160233_1.jpg?dl=0

IMG20211221144137.jpg?dl=0

• Like 3