Formal Competition ?

RSWedge

I am trying to gather some info for possibly having a reoccuring ladder/tournament competition for DCS Black Shark/future add-ons for the DCS simmulation series.

Squad vs Squad set up like the United Squadrons League for IL2: www.uslglobal.com

Is there enough DCS:BS squads out there (enough support community wise) to hold a competative tournament or ladder?

After downloading the manual I received the following info:

"Because DCS: Black Shark is solely focused on the Ka-50, we do not expect a gameplay focus of the product to be head-to-head multiplayer. Rather, we believe that DCS: Black Shark will provide interesting cooperative multiplayer given the nature of attack helicopter missions and the ability of a flight of Ka-50s to exchange targeting and navigation data over the data link. With the inclusion of later DCS modules, we do however expect head-to-head multiplayer to be an important part of DCS."

The head to head match-ups I was originally thinking of and hoping to generate discussions on looks like will be put on hold for a while until additional add-ons are released.

I'd second that. Having A2A as primary objective will lead to nothing but airquake. Not to mention that it's all but realisitc. Why don't you focus your efforts in making some meaningful coop missions? Would be much more fun.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I was thinking more along the lines of the way the USL handles their matches. For example each match is objective based and in the case of IL2 some missions are historically based - anyway I was thinking each side would have an objective. Such as one squad is tasked with taking out a convoy while the other squad must protect the convoy as it tries to reach it's destination.

Team Combat League Can accommodate this!!!

Hello All;

Those of you, who are already in the " Team Combat League " competition site, very well know we can set up any senerio for Competitions..for Black Shark...

Link : www.teamcombatleague.ca

We already run several ladder/league for Lock On already and this can be done similarly for Black Shark..

All you need to do is challenge and we do the rest..

TCL-LOGO.jpg

Hello All;

I am announcing the start up of the Beta Ladders for Lock On Modern Air Combat Ladders.

Here Squadrons can sign up and challenge other Squadrons and show who is the best of the best..become the " Top Gun " Squadron.

Please sign up in the forums at Team Combat League to post what you feel the rules should be, and so forth we appreciate any input in these area's hope to create a fantastic Air to Air Combat Competitions

And if all goes well we could also create a League Competitions for different senerio's

Right Now is a Air to Air Combat Ladder 2 v 2

It will start just as soon as Ten Squadron's start joining up, so come on Squadron's.

I know the idea of Air to Air Combat, against a player rather than an AI pilot is more exciting than ever and too just think, your Squadron's name know as the " Top Gun " of pilots out there in the World..

Well for now this is set up as a team event, meaning Squadron's(Teams'/Clan's) against each other.

But who knows if enough Single pilots sign up, we could always start a Single player Ladder, and you could be known as the " Top Gun " Single Pilot in the world..

Well at Team Combat League's forum we have posted our Beta Rules, which can be altered to more suit game play.

Also we have added a poll to see what other types of Ladder Competitions members would like to see

Please drop by and would love to see your opinion's

Best of Luck to all

Hope to see you there

Team Combat League

www.teamcombatleague.ca

Edited by Bearitall

I would like to see 4+ vs. 4+ pilot match in an objective based mission instead of the air to air combat. Seems like the TCL has a base for low numbered A2A matches (1v1s and 2v2s, but not enough for 4+ vs 4+). If you guys could promote a more mission/objective based matching format such as The United Squadrons League www.uslglobal.com has done with IL2 I think it would attract more squadrons with the numbers needed to kickoff a league or a tournament.

Its No Problem to set up

Wedge;587289']I would like to see 4+ vs. 4+ pilot match in an objective based mission instead of the air to air combat. Seems like the TCL has a base for low numbered A2A matches (1v1s and 2v2s' date=' but not enough for 4+ vs 4+). If you guys could promote a more mission/objective based matching format such as The United Squadrons League www.uslglobal.com has done with IL2 I think it would attract more squadrons with the numbers needed to kickoff a league or a tournament.

We can set up any senerio that is required for matches...just ask and it will be done..we would also be interested in setting up match senerio's for IL-2 if enough member sign up and post rules they would like to see and it can be done within seconds...just ask and it's done...

League's

Tournaments

Can also be set up with in seconds with the set up we have...

If you can get let's say 4 to 5 Squadron's to sign up and we can get the ball rolling for IL-2 immediately for all to compete

IL2 already has a quality league/tournament format with the USL with plenty of squadron participation.

I would suggest that Team Combat League focus on modern air combat simulations to peak the interests of the modern air combat community by offering quality matches to get the league upto the participation standards of the USL.

The thing about Black Shark is you would need to have mission builders that could build the mission in such a way to provide a balanced competitive environment within the map being used with compairable objectives. This takes time and creativity - you just do not want the match to turn into an A2A battle as noted before. If you were able to offer these type of matches you would be able to get garner more participation throughout the modern air combat community.

The way the USL has it set up is that they have "seasons" where one season might be 6-8 weeks with 1 match a week and each week is a different mission on a different map. At the end of the season there are playoffs to decide who is the overall champion for that particular "season". All missions are objective based to cut down on the match just turning into one big A2A "quakewar".

Edited by [RS]Wedge

Interesting; But???

Wedge;587519']IL2 already has a quality league/tournament format with the USL with plenty of squadron participation.

I would suggest that Team Combat League focus on modern air combat simulations to peak the interests of the modern air combat community by offering quality matches to get the league upto the participation standards of the USL.

The thing about Black Shark is you would need to have mission builders that could build the mission in such a way to provide a balanced competitive environment within the map being used with compairable objectives. This takes time and creativity - you just do not want the match to turn into an A2A battle as noted before. If you were able to offer these type of matches you would be able to get garner more participation throughout the modern air combat community.

Well, I just logged into the USL Global site and I don't see a format of how and where Squadron's stand after matches, in our senerio at least you see " Who's the Top Squadron " on the Main Page..without logging in.

As for mission's yes you are correct, I don't fly IL-2 gave the demo a brief try..I am sure its wonder sim..and very competitive..

When we first started TCL-Team Combat League, it was just a thought of how can we best serve this very stimulating Community..from there it all started with the help of several Squadron' like : Air-Hawk, and =RvE=...from there =RvE=-A.S greatly helped out so much it is hard to discribe..he made the map mission and the rules that are in play now..

The same can be said for IL-2 Competition's the Community contributes to how rules are applied and mission go..for any Competition's to be greatly successful...this also goes for USL Global..it had to start at some point, and with the help of the Community it has become what it is now...

We are not trying to take anything away from USL Global we just were thinking to add more to it...Competition wise...

Closing one's mind to an Idea narrow's the improvement of moving forward

There can always be two League's/Ladders for any Sim out there, this helps both Competition site's

At TCL-Team Combat League's Forums I've just added a thread for IL-2 for discussion's of rules and mission's

And no to further this interest I've just added a 4 vs 4 Ladder which now shows on Main Page

Edited by Bearitall

Okay

Wedge;587584']The USL recently upgraded their website/Forums and was unable to move the old data over. The new season starts in January I believe.

I only see two forums at TCL: Forfeit Requests and Tech Issues

08:25 PM

Okay I will check you status for you but the IL-2 thread and a new Ladder has been set up already..

I think there should be a little more to it than just "setting" up a ladder. Who is in charge of making missions? Mission testing? Decisions on rules and violation of rules - a rules commity? trk file reviews? It goes a lot deeper than just putting up a "ladder" or "tournament".

Look at the Team Combat Zone and TWL. There is a forum structure and admins for each game represented.

I agree!

Wedge;587632']I think there should be a little more to it than just "setting" up a ladder. Who is in charge of making missions? Mission testing? Decisions on rules and violation of rules - a rules commity? trk file reviews? It goes a lot deeper than just putting up a "ladder" or "tournament".

Look at the Team Combat Zone and TWL. There is a forum structure and admins for each game represented.

But as each Competition Ladder/League is formed then we look for individuals who can step forward to apply themselves into a leadership role for making such Competitions succeed.

As a Forum grows its structure grows with it..