Should I try flying online?

masonator

I've got to be honest...I've never really gotten into playing games online. I once tried to get into some FPSs online, but I found that the meager amount of time that I can dedicate to games (I have a pretty busy life) always defaults to me being whipping boy.

Now, I've been doing pretty well with DCS, and I was thinking that I might try flying online with some other human beings. A couple of things concern me:

1) I'm still not perfect at flying and fighting with the shark.

2) I live in Canada, which (I think) is probably behind most others (I'm guessing here that most are in Europe somewhere).

Thoughts?

Not to worry lots of Canadians including Quebecers are playing with DCS products. But I'm still waiting on the International version too be released.:thumbup: Are we there yet :D

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Open the Multiplayer executable, go into the Options to first to set your name and connection speed. Then go into the Client window, refresh the server list and join up.

Easy.

What you should really try to do is connect up with a couple of friends who are already somewhat familiar with the sim and fly it together on voice comms. Probably the best gaming you can get.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

What you should really try to do is connect up with a couple of friends who are already somewhat familiar with the sim and fly it together on voice comms. Probably the best gaming you can get.

When I tell my friends about the detail in Black Shark, they laugh at me, while double clicking the "Need for Speed Unleashed" icon on their desktops. They can't even understand why I fly in FSX...

Flying online is for me most of the enjoyment which game can bring to me. Flying together/against self is really cool, people aren't scripted like AI :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I've got to be honest...I've never really gotten into playing games online. I once tried to get into some FPSs online, but I found that the meager amount of time that I can dedicate to games (I have a pretty busy life) always defaults to me being whipping boy.

Now, I've been doing pretty well with DCS, and I was thinking that I might try flying online with some other human beings. A couple of things concern me:

1) I'm still not perfect at flying and fighting with the shark.

2) I live in Canada, which (I think) is probably behind most others (I'm guessing here that most are in Europe somewhere).

Thoughts?

I don't have BS but get online .. Now :D.

Remember it's a coop and the sim is new for everyone which makes it a great time to start flying online, with no need to worry about some moron that has figured out how to nade spam half of the opposition as soon as the round starts. :smartass:.

• Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Open the Multiplayer executable, go into the Options to first to set your name and connection speed. Then go into the Client window, refresh the server list and join up.

Easy.

Yup that's the best way IMO. I'm not a member of the 159th but I've been flying with them whilst using teamspeak and they've been very helpful with things that I have been unsure about. MP is a great way to learn - more experienced players can "tutor" you through aspects of the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Intel E6750 @3.2Ghz | 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 RAM | XFX 680i SLI | BFG GTX260 216SP | Western Digital 3200AAKS 320GB SATA II HDD |

| Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA II HDD | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Soundcard | Samsung 245B 24" TFT Monitor |

| Logitech Z-5400 Digital THX 5.1 speakers | Logitech G15 | Logitech MX1000 | TM Cougar #27955 | TrackIR 3 Pro

Trust me, you won't be the worst player out there. On the server I join all the time, there are more people on who are trying to learn than those that know what they are doing.

Remember, this is a new sim that has a lot of detail. Nobody is truly an expert yet!

Maverick gave me a lesson yesterday and I already learned a lot in just one and a half hours. Like simple navigation, auto-hovering and exchanging targets with the data-link. Also the use of weapons. Go online man, it's worth it!

well thanks for kinda praising me in here moreno =)

Well everyone who wants some training is sure invited to send me a pm and i'll open a server up.

I said that in another post i enjoy teaching others what i know about the shark (basic knowledge i would say).

And dont worry you can be a total newbie just pm me and ill try to teach you a bit..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

Hey, mav. I just sent you a PM. I'm located in Colombia and I have been trying the online for the las two days. There's a lot of stuff I still need to learn.

I don't know why but when I do my search for internet servers I can olnly see as many as 4-5 servers. Why so few? I usually fly online in the morning from 10 AM to 1PM. We are GMT-5... what time do you guys usually fly just to look for you... I believe it could be great.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

yeah! get online!!

Masonator, you'll never be sorry for flying online. I've met people from all over the world while flying IL2 online. I'm in Ohio, but the first online squadron I ever flew with was based out of Romania (go mighty D13_th!). Those guys helped me immensely. If you want great immersion and a sense of community, there's nothing like being online, and talking friends over comms. Besides that, it's a great way to learn about a particluar sim, and to learn teamwork (if you join a squad). Flying offline with AI is one thing, but it will never compare to the richness of the experience of flying with "breathers". Someone will be glad to help you get sorted out once you're online. So give it a try. Don't be shy in asking for help if you need it. Next thing you know, you'll be paying it forward one day by helping some new guy get sorted out on line.:thumbup:

Now be sure to tell us how your online experiences are going. GET MOVING, PILOT!!!:pilotfly:

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry: