[KNOWN ISSUE] Controls in RIO pit not responding after crash and rejoin

SgtPappy

I was experiencing a few crashes one night (which I think was Windows since many programs were crashing) so I updated my computer and restarted.

One of my crashes happened while I was RIO for a friend. When I restarted and joined his plane, none of my bindings worked. Not even the keyboard. Yet the controls would work for everything not F-14 related. Views zoom in, other aircraft controls and my F-15 controls were all functioning.

Not sure what happens but it seems to be fixed when my friend respawns. Furthermore, the sortie is problematic for both of us because Jester tends to not respond during this crash.

Is there anything that can be done or is it a DCS code issue?

Thank you!

Edited by IronMike

I've also experienced this.

Playing in VR and found that key bind didn't work but I could interact with the RIO cockpit buttons with the mouse. Telltale sign is that the HCU doesn't move when I move the joystick. In the control options I can see the sliders move so I know the joystick is being picked up.

As with SgtPappy, the only way we could get it to work again is by the pilot getting a new plane.

We also experienced it for the first time after my game crashed but have since had it again simply by trying to join as a RIO mid way through a game. I.e. my pilot was playing by himself for 20 minutes before I could join. It's almost like if Jester is in the RIO seat for a couple of minutes (say 5 mins) for any reason (e.g. taking over after RIO leaves mid flight or even just sitting on the ramp for a couple of minutes) then that's enough to reproduce the problem when a human RIO jumps in.

We have been working on a solution for this over the past few months and hope that we can implement it soon. Thank you for reporting it.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We have been working on a solution for this over the past few months and hope that we can implement it soon. Thank you for reporting it.

Thank you IronMike, and as always, fantastic work on the best module I own!!!