Question about trim

ZeroReady

I have a TM Warthog. I have Pilot trim bound to CMS up, and the actual trim controls bound to the hat. I can activate the trim hold with CMS up, the bird maintains the attitude it was at when I activated, that's all well and good. But shouldn't the hat then be used for fine adjustments while pilot trim is activated? Sometimes nose up will work, sometimes not, but nose down and wings left and right never work. All my trim switches in the pit are on.

TL;DR:

IMHO the Gazelle's trim and SAS/auto-pilot implementation is incomplete, however (several years ago) the dev's said we can't use how other helicopters or Gazelle versions work, to provide feedback, as the French Gazelle is 'Special' and only they knew how it should fly.

The dev's have stated they know the flight model needs further work and plan to improve it.

Detail:

I can activate the trim hold with CMS up, the bird maintains the attitude it was at when I activated, that's all well and good. But shouldn't the hat then be used for fine adjustments while pilot trim is activated?

AFAIK, yes, IRL the trim hat would be used to make fine adjustments.

In DCS, I find it cause more problems then it solves, so I don't make use of it, YMMV.

Sometimes nose up will work, sometimes not, but nose down and wings left and right never work. All my trim switches in the pit are on.

AFAIK the trim actuators have a limited range of motion, IIRC they light a trim warning near their physical limit, so the pilot can adjust the default stick position using the Mag Brake/trim (auto-pilot (SAS) set) button.

I can't say if Polychop's implementation is correct as we've been told not to use other Aerospatiale helicopters, etc. as a basis for how it should work/fly i.e. we've to trust the dev's.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Mag Brake/Trim is not working how it should, never did. We have to stick with this Arma 3 FM /over exaggerated input sensitivity until they come up with the new one.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• 4 weeks later...