Found the problem with the green glass..

UPDATE - FIXED WITH MOD (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3571337&postcount=1)

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but the green armoured glass looks so saturated because the green texture is repeated twice, once as a coloured glass texture and then again as a reflection.

I desaturated the glass in the reflection file and took some comparison shots below. The original texture is on the left and the edited texture on the right.

I would agree that it's a subtle change but in flight, it looks very natural now.

The biggest difference is when you do a barrel roll, there is no hard line as the texture ends.

moddeda.thumb.jpg.5b76bddd1735af36f4f69c721aee9e99.jpg

moddedb.thumb.jpg.f67023c3b2aeb8243379e051a1854976.jpg

moddedc.thumb.jpg.36e5182bfb1a39f4fb6085c76cc1f2b5.jpg

file.jpg.6c5591b5e4e5d161436d4d1dc61f53be.jpg

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but the green armoured glass looks so saturated because the green texture is repeated twice, once as a coloured glass texture and then again as a reflection.

I desaturated the glass in the reflection file and took some comparison shots below. The original texture is on the left and the edited texture on the right.

I would agree that it's a subtle change but in flight, it looks very natural now.

The biggest difference is when you do a barrel roll, there is no hard line as the texture ends.

It would be nice if ED puts this on the next update. I would bet that most of us haven’t a clue as to how to desaturate the glass.

Nice find.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Very nice! This has been an annoyance for a while.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The difference is very noticeable and already looks better. I still think maybe a little too dark but definitely much better. Im assuming just lightening the color even more will clear it up more?

Nice find!

Edited by CGReload

I got to test it out today. Finally! Its much better :lol::lol::megalol::pilotfly:

can you desaturate it even more?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The original mod was just a texture fix to the original, not a desaturation mod, but in version 2 HERE, I desaturated the colour as well.

If that's not enough for you, try this one made by someone else..

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

The original mod was just a texture fix to the original, not a desaturation mod, but in version 2 HERE, I desaturated the colour as well.

If that's not enough for you, try this one made by someone else..

Will do and report on satisfaction. Thanks for the initiative.:thumbup:

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thanks Toby

You're the man, I have my Spittie back!

I got good results on my display panel by just replacing the canopy reflection texture with yours. The green didn't really bother me that much. WAY better, much more subtle. You can see it if you look for it, but it doesn't obscure your vision or cause your eyes to focus on the glass instead of off into the distance where they should be.

Sn8ke

UPDATE - FIXED WITH MOD (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3571337&postcount=1)

Hi toby!

this is great, but the tint of the windscreen is still too dark for my eyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=190635&stc=1&d=1532453367

What can I do to lower the tint even more?

Screen_180724_120747.thumb.png.82a7311b59bcf7fd5ba0c1c949826630.png

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi toby!

this is great, but the tint of the windscreen is still too dark for my eyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=190635&stc=1&d=1532453367

What can I do to lower the tint even more?

Use the clear glass texture from https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216145

I didn't use a mod manager. I copied over the specific texture for the color in the windscreen to Toby's mod. A combo of both worked best for me. Less green, less reflection

I tried ams' mod as well, ofc. Although the tint is greatly reduced, the glare is still doubled :(

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I tried ams' mod as well, ofc. Although the tint is greatly reduced, the glare is still doubled :(

Mix the to 2 together.

Replace GLASS_ DIFF_ FILTR....... with ams999, GLASS_ DIFF_ FILTR......

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

ams' mod includes

SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF.dds
SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF_FILTR.dds

while toby's includes

SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF_RoughMet.dds

as well.

I'm a bad graphics artist, but I have PS CS5 and am willing to do the work, but I don't know what affects what and how, so I'd have to experiment for hours and hours to figure it out, if possible.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

ams' mod includes

SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF.dds
SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF_FILTR.dds

while toby's includes

SpitfireIX_CPT_GLASS_DIFF_RoughMet.dds

as well.

I'm a bad graphics artist, but I have PS CS5 and am willing to do the work, but I don't know what affects what and how, so I'd have to experiment for hours and hours to figure it out, if possible.

Yes.

Put only ams FILTR into Toby mod and overwrite.

You will end up with 3 files.

Then use Toby mod.

Glass is very light tint, with no reflections.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215963&page=2

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Slightly off-topic but quick question just for the front glass. There were years ago the discussion how the glass ain't correctly rendered. And since then as the new graphics engine has come out etc, so question still remains, is it now possible get the correct parallax correction to the glass, so you don't have the blocked cockpit glass?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes.

Put only ams FILTR into Toby mod and overwrite.

You will end up with 3 files.

Then use Toby mod.

Glass is very light tint, with no reflections.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215963&page=2

Okay, that helps some - many thanks.

I'm apparently having some additional issues which are f*cking with my graphics.

I've seen this many times before, but never observed the reflections with regards to it.

When I start the mission with which I'm testing, it looks like this

attachment.php?attachmentid=190770&stc=1&d=1532621691

Note that the Spitfire's canopy texture is still not moving with the canopy, and that you can see between the floating-canopy and canopy frame where the sliding canopy frame would be when closed, to see how much darker the canopy glass makes the sky look, plus how heavy the reflections are :thumbdown:

Then after about a minute and everything suddenly goes *blip* andin an instant it looks like this

attachment.php?attachmentid=190771&stc=1&d=1532621906

The darkening through the windscreen and floating-canopy is still too much compared to between the floating-canopy and the canopy frame, but it's better than the minute before this. Aaaaand if I wait long enough, it blinks back to dark again :doh:

FML really :mad:

884313169_SpitfireWindscreenCloudy.thumb.png.fa757876a676a56498d51018c04e837e.png

1937736469_SpitfireWindscreenCloudyafterblink.thumb.png.cf0ab559a6ff4a91ab308c01e5394670.png

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Great mod Toby! This really is a bug fix and not just a change of tint.

I hope ED take note and fix this in the next patch.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

While were at it, if you open the cockpit during a day flight youll see the canopy still in the clear air. I think its double layer again.

Will this be fixed without the use of mods? Not a fan of having to install mods on minor graphical bugs which can be solved easily by ED. Very hard/annoying to dogfight in the Spit right now :(

+1

I'm using the mod atm, but waiting for the official solution for this...