Status? Worth it?

Emilio_Ger

The fact it was originally sold as a one time purchase for all modules

The fact is you're talking crap. The original comment was they were THINKING of adding it to other DCS modules and the pricing, etc. was to be determined. So would you please finally stop spouting this BS in every bloody thread about the NS430?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I dislike the payment model (three versions) very much, but I got to say that the NS430 brought a lease of life to modules such as the Su-25. Obviously I was able to use the old navigation system, but that just brought me to the approximate target area. With the NS430 I get close enough to start an attack run and can spot the targets out of the window. It also gives me the ability to flexibly navigate to new targets during the mission. With bonus points it was like 6 euros.

The title of the topic is "status? Worth It?". I'm asking questions about its status in order to understand if It worths for me. Is It possible to have an answer from whom has already purchased, or is this topic only to read complaints? If the latter, I suggest to change the title.

I am running it (2d popup) on my warbirds.

In my opinion it is absolutely worth it. For me. Mind you, I am only running the 2D popup version since the other version fits nothing I own. It gives a lot of useful information and I just scratched the surface yesterday. It took me about an hour into the flight until I was able to use some of the functions. It took me through the clouds and right over top of the landing procedure at the runway. I call that excellent value for the money. It is faster than using the F10 map.

I'll have to read the manual when I find it.

Handy Hint: Name your waypoints in the mission editor, 4 characters. I used Way1 Way2 etc. Those names will appear on the moving maps.

Buy it at your own risk and not on my say so. 3 bucks from bonus money 7 bucks all in. It's a no brainer for me.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

As an occasional DCS player I think this is an excellent addition. In my opinion it is absolutely worth it. For me.

I think this is a new era in the way of playing this simulation.

The price for users who already have the NS430 & Mi-8 is really OK ..... $ 5.99 and from that can be spent $ 2 from bonus points ... at the end $ 3.99 only. (for L39 version)

I also would gladly pay for an additional integration in another aircraft (TF-51D would be nice, as it's a non-military variant, and there's space for the GPS in the cockpit).

My reason is I don't have much time to learn and get decently familiar with the military fighters or helos anymore. Not with that level of complexity.

And I also enjoy flying in X-Plane where I use an accurate GNS 530/430 simulation (via Reality XP plugins). And you can't get anything more accurate as they're based on the Garmin trainers and use Garmin data.

So the NS430, even in this early, not feature-complete version, is a fine option for the L-39C that I enjoy flying for its level of accuracy and realism in DCS - something we don't have for such a high performance jet in X-Plane.

So imho, and for my use, the NS 430 is a neat addition, and as shown elsewhere it's a fine navigation aid for combat purposes in the Mi-8 (less so in the L-39C).

One of the most important missing page/feature is the TAS/TCAS. But it's probably hard to implement for balance and "gameplay" reasons.

gns430w_hr_200.jpg

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

The fact is you're talking crap. The original comment was they were THINKING of adding it to other DCS modules and the pricing, etc. was to be determined. So would you please finally stop spouting this BS in every bloody thread about the NS430?

Just the fact alone that quite few people thought they were buying the whole module for everything means that the initial communication from ED was flawed. If it was just one or two PAYING customers who had the "wrong" impression.. you could as a company talk to them and make it right. With so many people having the "wrong" impression it means that the sender of the message ie. ED wasn't clear enough. This is basic flaw in communication. So when dealing with licenses and such it just means that ED has to be more careful in the future so everyone is on the same page.

That being said, it's in the past. And now ED can show what kind of customer oriented company it is. Does ED value it's customers? Will it generate/maintain goodwill and try to resolve this? Even a public mea culpa can do wonders. We are after all a very forgiving lot. We accept delays of years after all ;-)

On the other hand ED brace itself and go against a lot of customers. Stating their position as it being the absolute truth, not even acknowledging that perhaps their initial communication was perhaps not as clear as it should have been. By going against such a large group of paying customers, will not generate a lot of goodwill. And like I have said before.. It's not about a few lousy dollars, it's about trust. The people ED is going after now are also part of their future clientele.

So I would welcome a statement from ED regarding this. And might I suggest having a real PR guy/gal looking over such a statement first?

But honestly; i don't feel Belsimtek und to a degree ED really insinuated that a one time purchase was gonna cover all possible future module implementations. That was my secret hope which often tempted me to buy it during a sale....and i never did because the wording of the module description did not clearly allow for that interpretation.

The only hint was that the NS430 might eventually come to other modules as well. But i never read it the way that it likely would come free of charge if i purchased it once for the MI-8. And thats exactly why i never purchased it during all the sales that went by since release. Cause i was never sure whether the purchase for the MI-8 would really mean i get a free L-39 NS 430 port.

I think one way of thinking about this might be; do you want to have a higher overall module price that includes a real 3d model for every aircraft you might never own? Lets say ED for would ask 35 dollars for the wholesale package. A lot of people would own a NS430 for modules they don't even own. If you buy it on a module by module basis, you pay only for what you really need and don't have to cover the costs for other people's modules yourself.

I don't know, is probably either a way steeper package price or a faily small per aircraft price. Not sure which to prefer myself.

So I would welcome a statement from ED regarding this.

No need.

"The DCS NS 430 currently available for DCS: Mi-8MTV2. DCS NS 430 licensing and distribution policy for other modules is being discussed and will be disclosed later.

Belsimtek team"

It's not about a few lousy dollars, it's about trust.

Trust? The above is what the original developer said. If people decide to selectively ignore it, or suffer from a selective case of Alzheimer's, that's their problem, not ED's. No-one's trust has been broken at any point, so can we finally stop with the drama please?

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 4 months later...

Christmas Sale

NS 430 + L-39 bundle for the grand sum of $7.50.

Thank you ED for a great deal and Merry Christmas to you too!

:xmas:

Edited by slicker55

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

• 4 weeks later...
I dislike the payment model (three versions) very much, but I got to say that the NS430 brought a lease of life to modules such as the Su-25. Obviously I was able to use the old navigation system, but that just brought me to the approximate target area. With the NS430 I get close enough to start an attack run and can spot the targets out of the window. It also gives me the ability to flexibly navigate to new targets during the mission. With bonus points it was like 6 euros.

What pisses me off is, that I have bought the Steam version and there is now no option to get the building version for the l39 in steam

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Good day everybody,

after the NS 430 has been added to the L-39 I consider purchasing it. But how is the current status, is it bugged/feature complete?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

From my point of view it is worth, I even think it is a good deal, bought Mi-8 "bundle" with 2D overlays for all aircrafts.

Nice addon for old prop aircraft,yak,mi-8, huey... which makes 75 % of my mods, of modern ones I have only A-10/Ka50 and su-25a/)

I use only flight to function to show me bearing to my destination so I don't need to visit F10 map a lot

Edited by dovla
spelling

I have bought the Steam version and there is now no option to get the building version for the l39 in steam

??? The Steam version is more expensive than the individual 'Standalone' versions but includes the 2D popup and both 3D versions for the Mi-8 and L-39.

The L-39 option you are looking for on Steam is already included ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Will this module be included in the Steam version?

I'm learning a lot with the L-39c but I've found that in NTTR there is no RSBN or any way to navigate; I'm considering to purchase the NS430 but as far I can see there is only the popup version in Steam and there is no integration with the L-39c.

Before anyone asks or comment, I prefer to play everything under the Steam layer instead of the standalone version.

I'm considering to purchase the NS430 but as far I can see there is only the popup version in Steam and there is no integration with the L-39c.

The NS430 module sold on Steam is a 'All in One' package - it contains the 2D popup and 3D cockpit plug-ins for both the L-39C and Mi-8.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933980/DCS_NS_430_Navigation_System/?curator_clanid=4471395

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 weeks later...
Is this module complete?

It's a GNS430 'light' with GPS, despite the store description,

• "Serves as both a communications radio, navigation radio, and GPS receiver"

I don't expect RNav and com radio integration to be added as there's been little feedback/indication that the NS430 is in 'active' development or will ever be close in functionality to the A-10C TAD/CDU.

I've noticed the "early access" label in the store is disappeared, both in the base 2d module and in l-39 and mi-8 specific packages...

If you are considering buying the NS430, buy it for what it 'is' today including it's bugs and missing features i.e. custom database, saved settings/user preferences, etc., etc.

The removal of the 'Early Access' tag, suggests the NS430 is 'feature complete' but who knows, perhaps it's waiting on some core DCS tech to be implemented - whatever happens, you shouldn't buy 'today' based on a vague store 'promise', but rather on it's existing feature set.

I.e. just a GPS?

I have it for both modules but haven't messed with it much.

It does appear to have radios like the real GPS it emulates. However, when I bring up the easy comm frequency menu, the frequency it offers (e.g., for Anapa) is something like 356 kHz, which to me seems like the incorrect band... I'd expect something more like 128.2 .... or similar...

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

I.e. just a GPS?

Yes, IIRC you can tune in radio frequencies on the NS430 but it's not hooked into DCS or the aircraft systems.