Su-27 fuel states

Hey ya all!

A quick blitz search didn't give me a similar topic, so i'll try to post this here. If mistaken, please merge.

I'm going through the Russian Su-27 flight manual for several days now. Russian isn't my native language, but it's still a Slavic language, so with a good online dictionary and google translate i somehow manage :thumbup:

I came to the performance data and this is where my question originates. The full power chart states that it's plotted for a configuration or 2XR-27's, 2XR-73's and 50% of a "normal" fuel state. What does a normal fuel state mean for a Flanker? I get the notion it isn't a full internal fuel tank, as i think it would have been worded differently.

Cheers all and have a good weekend! Clear skies and safe flying :pilotfly:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Hey ya all!

A quick blitz search didn't give me a similar topic, so i'll try to post this here. If mistaken, please merge.

I'm going through the Russian Su-27 flight manual for several days now. Russian isn't my native language, but it's still a Slavic language, so with a good online dictionary and google translate i somehow manage :thumbup:

I came to the performance data and this is where my question originates. The full power chart states that it's plotted for a configuration or 2XR-27's, 2XR-73's and 50% of a "normal" fuel state. What does a normal fuel state mean for a Flanker? I get the notion it isn't a full internal fuel tank, as i think it would have been worded differently.

Cheers all and have a good weekend! Clear skies and safe flying :pilotfly:

"Normal" fuel state is IIRC tanks 1 & 4, so 60% of maximum fuel, which is 5,640 Kg.

The E-M diagrams and the maximum G as a function of mach diagrams for the Su-27 are all set for an all-up weight of 21,400 Kg which equates to a full gun pad, full expendables, 2 x R-73, 2 x R-27R and 32.5% of maximum fuel.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

56% internal fuel. Which is roughly 5264 kg.

"Normal" fuel state is IIRC tanks 1 & 4, so 60% of maximum fuel, which is 5,640 Kg.

The E-M diagrams and the maximum G as a function of mach diagrams for the Su-27 are all set for an all-up weight of 21,400 Kg which equates to a full gun pad, full expendables, 2 x R-73, 2 x R-27R and 32.5% of maximum fuel.

Thanks mates! :thumbup:

Wish we had that rep button right now :)

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache