MiG 21 english cockpit mod ??

Lenux

Is there a way to use the english cocpkit labels ?

How can I modify / edit / the cockpit zoom distance, as default ? Whenever I start a new game with MiG 21, it's way too much zoomed out.

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I did this, already, but the cockpit looks weird, I can't see anything

LE :

Here is a printscreen, with the English - Metric option

1.thumb.jpg.d1eeafa42f1d5fec86025d9b290f450e.jpg

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Is there a way to use the english cocpkit labels ?

How can I modify / edit / the cockpit zoom distance, as default ? Whenever I start a new game with MiG 21, it's way too much zoomed out.

Thank you

Numpad / and * to zoom in and out.

Numpad 5 to center.

R-alt + numpad 0 to save as default.

Thanks, is working fine now

I haven't play this aircraft for a long time, I can't understand how the afterburner is working

After 2-3 minutes with full throttle ( I'm testing only, no dogfight, unlimited fuel, etc ) and the aircraft is losing speed

Edited by Lenux

I tried at low altitude, about 950 kmh, so, lower than 1M

There is no more I can do, when I start losing speed

I uploaded here a simple mission, free flight, MiG 21 , Caucasus map

Could you guys, please, fly at lower and higher altitudes, full throttle, for a few minutes, and upload the .trk file ?

Thank you

MiG 21_.miz

I uploaded here a simple mission, free flight, MiG 21 , Caucasus map

Could you guys, please, fly at lower and higher altitudes, full throttle, for a few minutes, and upload the .trk file ?

Thank you

You can fly Full Afterburner all the time if you are not faster than Mach 2.1 or Mach 2.2. will. Without a load, you will definitely be too fast. With tanks or bombs, the resistance is great enough and it goes without problems with full throttle until the fuel is exhausted.

You are probably too fast, or your engine is going out because you are flying negative or neutral G's.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Thank you

So, how could I avoid neutral G's ?

I tried again, earlier, and when I start the mission, I can hear a warning sound ( no enemy aircrafts around, no missiles incoming, no low altitude )

At about 3000 feet, full throttle, straight flight, no maneuvers, the engine stops

Same happens with the default mission FREE FLIGHT - CAUCASUS

Edited by Lenux

How to avoid neutral G's? Simply don't push the stick.

There is no warning sound other than the radar altimeter (and RWR) in the MiG-21. So what sound did you hear?

Edit: I just flew your mission. I was able to fly without problems until the engine cut out due to overspeed.

And the sound, the constant beeping, should be a NDB I believe.

Edited by razo+r

How to avoid neutral G's? Simply don't push the stick.

There is no warning sound other than the radar altimeter (and RWR) in the MiG-21. So what sound did you hear?

Edit: I just flew your mission. I was able to fly without problems until the engine cut out due to overspeed.

And the sound, the constant beeping, should be a NDB I believe.

I tried again, low altitude. About 2800 MSL, 1180 KmH ( under 1M ) and straight flight.

No maneuvers, nothing.

Same story.

What does it mean " overspeed " in this case ( MiG21 ) ???

VNE is 1300 or 1350, you're up around your max dynamic pressure for the airframe there and in DCS your engine will quit somewhere in that range. It can hit 1400 without flaming out sometimes, but I wouldn't count on it - I always try stay right on 1300 and go no higher. 1200 is fine.

If you're losing your engine while you still have >200l of fuel in the tanks, one of four things is happening:

a) you're overspeeding it - stay below 1300km/h IAS.

b) you've somehow compressor stalled badly enough to flame out. This is exceptionally hard to do without first doing something else that would rip the airframe, if overstress was more fleshed out (e.g. ARU override to 'long arm' and then reefing on the stick at >800km/h). It's probably not this, you'd hear the banging from the compressor anyway.

c) you've applied 0 or negative G, or flown inverted, long enough for the 80 litre header tank to drain, thus starving the engine of fuel.

d) you've overridden and meddled with the nose cone position, or failed to turn the automatic nose cone control on (main right side vertical breaker panel, top row of horizontal switches, it's the switch nearest the front of the aircraft out of those three).

It's most likely c) or d) given your speed is below 1300.

For the first, pretend you're flying a Spitfire - roll inverted and pull rather than nosing over. Negative G sucks for you as a human being and sucks for the airframe, so avoid it as much as possible - both your body and the aircraft tolerate far higher positive G loads than negative. Don't fly inverted, if you have to be inverted then apply gentle back stick to apply some positive G to the aircraft (so the fuel drains properly rather than floating to the top of the tanks).

For the second, don't. You shouldn't be touching that unless you have good reason (and if you have good reason to be touching that, you should be looking to land, because something is very wrong). Make sure the main breaker switch for the cone is on and don't touch the override on the left panel.

Edited by rossmum

Thanks a million, guys

I'll keep trying

Offtopic : why does the MiG 21 canopy glass ( HUD also ) look so amazing ??

Dirt, scratches, etc

It looks so real, compared with all the aircrafts I own ( almost every module )

1.thumb.jpg.e46747ce2a68a5a5bbc0ce5d73b923aa.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.f7b30f05f16ee68536775a2df31d6570.jpg

Thanks a million, guys

I'll keep trying

Offtopic : why does the MiG 21 canopy glass ( HUD also ) look so amazing ??

Dirt, scratches, etc

It looks so real, compared with all the aircrafts I own ( almost every module )

It may look amazing, but a canopy like this would have be cleaned or thrown away immediately. This would be considered a hazard to fly with.

Why, razo+r ??

Every other canopy in DCS is unrealistically spotless. While the MiG's might be a touch too dirty, people really underestimate both how much bug guts ends up on the perspex in flight, and how hard it is to clean off properly. Usually the windscreen gets the worst of it.

With that said, the gunsight glass should be pretty close to spotless.

To be fair, DCS doesn't simulate it getting dirty during the flight, so having a canopy that's a little grotty is as close as we're likely to get. No matter how clean it is when you take off, it won't stay that way. Getting bug guts off perspex sucks, they're like concrete :lol: