Stuttering is greatly eased by turning SSLR off

As title says, at least on my end. Doesn't quite look as nice, but it's still good, and runs smoothly without the constant un-even framerate. You can also pan around (F2 view) without it stuttering.

So, it would seem the new SSLR lighting is the issue. It looks nice but is causing stuttering problems even for people with beefy computers running high framerates.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I think most people are aware of this and suffer from bad performance despite sslr switched off. Especially the VR guys.

Even with SSLR off, it's still not as good as 2.5.5. Framerate is really good, but it still stutters a bit when you look around.

SSLR makes lighting look *really* good! I hope they get it sorted out/optimized.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

My 2 cents.

Recently upgraded to new pc...19 9900k 2080oc 32 gb ram.

Stuttering in 2d a bit solved when moved to ssd..nearly 100fps in 4k super smooth now.

In VR also stuttering a bit and not smooth looking around.

Backed off pd to 1.4 and turned off global cockpit illumination.Now its smooth again and im happy.

Solid 40fps on ground most cases.

Noticed on last pc flood lights causing fps drops after the move to 2.56.

Edited by aceviper

SSLR makes lighting look *really* good! I hope they get it sorted out/optimized.

Do you mind posting a few screenshots that you can see the difference between on and off, that are not fringe cases (like looking at the wing under a certain angle etc)? I personally can't see a difference 99% of the time. I'd love to use it if it actually made a big enough difference, I just don't see it right now.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Do you mind posting a few screenshots that you can see the difference between on and off, that are not fringe cases (like looking at the wing under a certain angle etc)? I personally can't see a difference 99% of the time. I'd love to use it if it actually made a big enough difference, I just don't see it right now.

Same. SSLR makes zero difference to me. Reshade alone makes lighting look much better and it has zero performance cost, for example.