LSO Station Questions

bonesvf103

To what extent can we and will we be able to use the LSO station? I hit LATL-C so I can use the mouse pointer but it seems to do nothing more than let you move the mouse around.

Also, in MP, my buddies were saying they can still hear the AI LSO ("Jell-O") even though I am directing them in. Is there a way to turn that off? TO get around this we've been turning the radio volume all the way down. But is there a toggle? Ot should it detect it's in MP and someone is at the LSO station so Jello's voice isn't needed?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Hi Bones if you are in a Hornet with your radio on and go to the platform I think you’ll hear the LSO comms to other pilots.

If you jump to spectators then to the LSO platform you won’t hear the LSO.

Thanks...here's the situation. I was in a Tomcat in the parking area, then I hit alt-F9 to get to the LSO station (didn't seem to be able to get there any other way). My buddies were all making their traps and they can hear me guiding them in but also Jell-o's voice guiding them in talking over me. So to fix that all they could do was turn their radios down so they can only hear me (we were on Teamspeak).

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Roger, in multiplayer we just don’t use the in game ATC. If they don’t call ‘Hornet ball’ in the radio menu they shouldn’t hear the AI LSO. We just do our ball calls over teamspeak/discord.

My buddies haven't been calling the ball with the radio menu and they still hear Jello.

I tried it in the Hornet mission SP and got the same--no ball call but I still heard Jello.

IN either case, no one ever called us to call the ball.

v6,

boNes