ILS not tunable from UFC

Xxx

Hi all.

Just got the 2.5.2 update and installed the Hornet.

Is the ILS functional?

I am not able to tune the ILS on the UFC, ILS UFC set to UFC, on right side panel. All I can see is CHNL, but what channel is 111.50? I am attempting to enter 111.50 for Kobuleti.

Also I an not use the trim effectively, the trim is so slow. In AP HDG mode trying to adjust trim for nose up/down is too slow.

Sorry if these are early access features not implemented, or if its my error?

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

ISL is not implemented.

You do not need to trim in normal flight. Aircraft is auto trimmed to 1g flight.

Trim in landing configuration works like in any classic aircraft.

Thanks for the lightening fast reply!

The trim function has been reported elsewhere. I understand the Hornet has auto trim, but during autopilot mode in HDG, the altitude mode is deselected and I need some trim to maintain altitude. The autopilot modes cant be completed yet...can they? I mean, there is no couple, CPL, function to the Tacan or the waypoints. Or is this not an Hornet C block 20 feature?

Then there is the Data feature on the DDI. There is no data page for the local Tacan's, the airbases, or the waypoints. Or maybe I am jumping the gun here and its not an implemented feature?

These features are available in the Hornet "E".

Thanks again for the reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Aircraft is about 30% complete.

They will progressively add more features with future updates.

Trim works fine, but autopilot is kinda rudimentary at this stage.

When I select HDG I can then select BALT function to hold my altitude.

This is because your stick isn't perfectly centered. If the FCS detects any stick movement you cant arm BALT. Add a small amount of deadzone and it will work.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

I am not able to tune the ILS on the UFC, ILS UFC set to UFC, on right side panel. All I can see is CHNL, but what channel is 111.50? I am attempting to enter 111.50 for Kobuleti.

While the cockpit labels say ILS, only the ICLS is available in this specific model of the F/A-18C. So when this functionality is added, you still won't be able to tune it to civilian ILS frequencies. Hopefully ED will add land-based ICLS beacons (like they did with the TILS for the AJS37) when the Hornet is ready for it.

• 2 months later...

Ok,

just to be sure:

Right now, it's not possible to land in IFR? Cause ED didn't implement compatible ICLS beacons, yet?

Anyone knows, when it will be possible to land in bad weather conditions? Is planned?

Edited by Vannipo

Ok,

just to be sure:

Right now, it's not possible to land in IFR?

You can land in IFR at an airport/airbase, but you'll need to use a non-precision approach using TACAN, GPS, etc. (i.e. MDA for Cherry Point TACAN/GPS approaches is 500 ft - 1 3/8 nm)

Even at Cherry Point (KNKT), only RWY 23R has ALS (MDA 200 ft - 1/2 nm). IFR procedures for the other 3 runways use TACAN/RNAV(GPS).

Cause ED didn't implement compatible ICLS beacons, yet?

Civil (and most military) airports don't have the microwave radar to guide the Hornet, AV-8B, F-14, etc.

The AV-8B has the opposite problem - it's AWLS (ICLS) has been implemented as a civil ILS, so it can land on runways with ILS but has to use TACAN for case 3 CVN/LHA recovery.

Anyone knows, when it will be possible to land in bad weather conditions? Is it planned?

Perhaps when/if separate nav ground units can be placed and pointed in the same way as SAM's i.e.

• TILS for the Viggen

• RSBN beacons for Russia

• TACAN beacons for NATO, etc.

• AN/TPN-30 (ICLS/TACAN), portable system for the AV-8B,

• AN/TPN-22 (ACLS/ICLS/TACAN) for the F/A-18 and F-14, full system come in 5 Galaxy transports and is deployed at Expeditionary Airfields i.e. in Iraq

Or did I buy the next never ending EA version?

Different developers do things differently - for example:

• ED model TACAN/RSBN as non-mobile beacons with Russia using RSBN and Georgia using TACAN

• Heatblur model TILS at most airfields

• Magnitude 3/Leatherneck model RSBN/PRMG at most airfields for the MiG-21

• Razbam model the AV-8B AWLS as an ILS

Whatever they do, they'll never please everyone but IMHO realism trumps game play in most cases.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 4 weeks later...

Figured out the ils is mia so what I do is create my own approaches. I have all the charts but basically it is easy especially if the ils has feathers. Just use your waypoints to set you down to clear your max elev figure and run the waypoint right to where your OM would be. Just have them lead you right down the funnel. I add at least 200 agl to the field elev. Thats my decision height. Works good enough.

"Works good enough."

Works better than that ! I set up IMC from Kholki to Nalchik , and flew the VFR approach route in . It was immensely satisfying to break out of the overcast at 300 feet and one mile to the threshold with the runway lined up perfectly . Flew the route twice before in VFR to establish a descent profile , and that non-precision approach was one of my favorite flights to date .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2