Vikhr missiles stray off target

Mike5560

I noticed that I'm starting to have a problem with vikhrs that I didn't in the past. Some of the vikhrs seem to only temporarily catch the laser beam and then stray off target. This seems to happen when the missile launch zone reticle is far to the left or right off center vs when it's near or on center. I used to get a solid 15-16 good hits off of a full load of them and now Im getting about 8-10 or a little over 50% probability of a hit.

Note: I am placing the target dead center of the missile launch zone reticle and I'm keeping the aircraft manuevering as little as possible. I normally never did this, but I even tried turning on the laser rangefinder prior to launch with no improvement.

Edited by Mike5560

Is it a particularly windy mission? I've found if there's a decent amount of wind the missile has a harder time catching the laser. Aiming slightly upwind seems to help.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

• 5 months later...

Yep, I'm having the exact same issue in the campaign for the SU-25T.

-Confirmed my Shkval was properly locked onto the target

-Aircraft was kept steady (didn't make any sudden or side-to-side movements)

-LR was active

-Target was in the center of the Vikhr reticle

-I maintain target lock and position of the aircraft

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Though as the OP pointed out, for some reason my reticle is to the far right of the HUD (I don't know what this suggests...). About 4 seconds missile launch, the missile just plummets to the ground, falling short of the target.

In the custom missions I've created, I've only encountered it once or twice. Seems to happen half of the time for me in the campaign...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]