DCS WWII: Europe 1944 - Unofficial Promotional Trailer

Bucic

The DM is actually superior than CLOD at the internal modelling level, but suffers at the visual damage effects (along with other effects like gunfire, explosions, etc). IIRC, Yo-Yo acknowledged this last fact a few months ago and we can only be optimistic that it will be improved.

Reallly? Skeeming through ATAG forums (postsdescribing the latest Tem Fusion version) it seemed to me the internal damage models are on par.

Speaking of Yo-Yo - I'd like to see Oleg and Yo-Yo orking on some aspect of DCS together, being in the same room. Perhaps their combined powers could be greater than just the sum of their powers :D

Yo-Yo remark no. 2 - does anyone know the main person behind CoD graphics engine? He must be some kind of Yo-Yo of the graphics :)

It would be great if RRG got the chance to add features upstream (to the DCS core) for the common benefit.

DCS internal damage model is superior. There's more variety to the systems damage that can occur. CloD is still pretty good and TF will likely improve it further. Both are a considerable step above the likes of ROF.

OK, I trustyou know what you're talking about. I got out of touch with CoD and have never actaully played it.

Just a thought - I bet some newcommers reading through some of our discussions are cursing as to heavens for using so many acronyms :)

That's an interesting thought. There's just one open question, then we're all set: How do you want to create a machinima of content that is not yet in existence? :)

It was achieved in this video already. I was hoping for more cockpit shots and dramatic smoke and flames during start up. Displaying the EDGE capabilities was also very important IMO.

Despite not being made by RRG, the Mustang and Dora will be an important part of the sim and thus are existing content of the DCS: WW2.

Now we just have to spread the video as much as we can.

DCS internal damage model is superior. There's more variety to the systems damage that can occur. CloD is still pretty good and TF will likely improve it further. Both are a considerable step above the likes of ROF.

But the DM of DCS is not the same for the AI. And that's a big disadvantage. Also there is no tree collision.

The ROF and BOS DM is on the same level!!

Very nicely done. :thumbup:

Man how much more refined is the damage model in clod.

Already on the TO-DO list, for some time now...

I must say that DM itself in DCS must be reworked. But saying about DM we must divide its both aspects - visual effects and internal functioning. Regarding its internal functioning I can say that it is much more complicated in comparison of any sim existing now and being in WIP status. You can get hundreds types of systems malfuction cascading and causing subsequent damages and sometimes you must do his best to save the plane. In reality bullet hits and even those holes appearing on the wings affect to lift and drag but not so exagerrated as in Il-2, for example. FM itself works correctly with half of elevator loss, so this control gets side roll effect or it's possible to land the plane with 1/3 of the wing lost (if the handling is right - otherwise it can be fatal)

The second aspect is visual effects regarding the actual damages and, yes, you are right - it needs to be deeply reworked because long white trails of electricity leaking from Dora's wing look weird. :) It's a task #1 for the nearest future. Not only for WWII planes but for all flyable and most of important AI.

• Like 1

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

One of the key aspects of any sim and one that surely needs some polish on DCS.Great to know that it is already on the to-do list.Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Better damage model(visual) plus EDGE terrain and this will be kick ass :)

Edited by Royraiden

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey thanks man! I wasn't aware of it. This is great news.

NZXT-Phantom820; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master:Ryzen 3950x Corsair H150i;AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G; 32GB(2x16)G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz(16-16-16-36); Aorus PCIe Gen4 m.2 NMVe 2TB SSD;Samsung EvoPlusM.2NMVe 1TB SSD;Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD: Coolermaster 1200W psu; CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45

Win10 64bit

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback on the video.

The lack of P-51 cockpit really is just an oversight on my part, nothing more or less :(

When I was putting the footage together I was concentrating on Terrain, imagery, action, etc, etc and doing it all after learning the cameras (well basic learning of cameras at the moment) in about 6-hours total!

Having never used DCS before, it was a huge learning curve and I just missed an angle that I realise others would have liked to have had in the footage.

The one difficulty I was having is trying to get it across as a WW2 promo rather than a P-51 promo, which is why I tried to utilise the Dora in the action and steer away from too much ground footage (as we don't have the EDGE engine ready). With the Dora in flight, it meant I could steer away from the Mustang being the main subject....but it is pretty much the main aircraft shown.

I'm considering putting together a DCS P-51 promo as a standalone video, but first I need to make some skins. So that's going to be fun ;)

I have to be honest, I had not used the DCS P-51 until last Monday, so the whole video was made in the time from installing it and uploading it yesterday....once more, apologies about missing out on the cockpit shot :(

BTW, I have to be honest, I do really, really like the Mustang, the model, the textures and when I saw the scene where the Mustangs flew over the mountains and the drop tanks fall away....blimey, I think a little bit of wee came out! ;)

I think there is certainly something I can do with DCS as a stand-alone short movie....I have to say, I am a little smitten with this as my WW2 veteran friends in the Checkertail Clan, flew this aircraft and it's just awesome ;)

Cheers, MP

• Like 1

Excellent MP. By the way try to give some emphasis on the bail out in both first and third person views, they look great and would definitely catch some attention.There is a bailout on the end of your video but the actual animation of the pilot getting out cant be appreciated.Please keep that in mind for any possible upcoming video and thank you for your support :) We are at 90k already we should celebrate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent MP. By the way try to give some emphasis on the bail out in both first and third person views, they look great and would definitely catch some attention.There is a bailout on the end of your video but the actual animation of the pilot getting out cant be appreciated.Please keep that in mind for any possible upcoming video and thank you for your support :) We are at 90k already we should celebrate.

Seconded. The bailout is "FPS" in DCS World. That ought to be shown. :)

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature