DCS WWII: Europe 1944: Kickstarter Video 3: EDGE Terrain Engine

luthier1

• ED Team
Heh! I had the exact same thought. Hopefully it's just unlit, uncorrected assets in the editor.

Fingers crossed they'll take a peek at what Team Fusion have been up to recently. :)

You guys realize that much of what we have been seeing is basically in a model viewer, where they build the terrain, all the effects and shaders that make it feel more alive probably arent shown yet...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You guys realize that much of what we have been seeing is basically in a model viewer, where they build the terrain, all the effects and shaders that make it feel more alive probably arent shown yet...

Yep. Totally aware of that.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

yep... even noted the qualifiers in my post

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Thanks to RRG and ED for this insight into your work! I personally think this is the best video you have released so far, showing the people and their work in a more direct and up close personal way. Apart from the current DCS: WWII project it is great to see people talk about their projects and individual motivations.

:thumbup:

I´m by far no expert on software development, but if EDGE is in testing stage as they say, could that mean that it is undergoing last steps (debugging) before being introduced as a (public) beta?

Especially if it is true that EDGE is already at Version 4 and that there have been previous working installations in commercial products.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Have you guys allready seen this vid (found that link on Kickstarter)?

Corsica

FJLMDfBrEDI

It´s made with EDGE I guess and this screenshot from Kickstarter is captured from the vid above.

0c69e19fc5e81592d9782e5bb95c7e6e_large.jpg?1373375928

Oh, there is a thread by signalman about this vid...

Edited by EagleEye
  • Like 1

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Comercial / professional products videos use EDGE technology. Take a look to Alabama FortRucker Cairns, I/ITSEC 2012 presentation video.

High range terrain visualization

Cairns-Fort Rucker, Alabama, USA

presented by "AVIA" for I/ITSEC 2012

High range terrain visualization

Island Corsica

presented by "AVIA" for I/ITSEC 2012

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

Taking the risk of sounding nerdy ;) I like the look of the forrests in the Alabama scenery. Many sims have forests that look very regular, too many of the trees look the same. ED (or whoever) seem to have taken time to place different trees making the forests look very natural.

It reminds me of the very best FSX payware scenery but with much more advanced lighting than FSX can manage. Now we just need some improved weather effects.

Wow, those videos of EDGE look unbelievable! Funny, I haven't seen them here before.

Also explains why it's taking so long for Nevada to come out... They've been making maps for more lucrative commercial ventures instead :D

Too bad we'll never fly on these maps.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Why are they flying an Mi-8 over Alabama?

http://www.russiaair.net/company.html

Concord XXI has assembled the finest collection of training aids, simulators, and instructors existing in the world today. We are the world’s leading western-style Mi-17 training company. Since training our first Mi-17 air and ground crews from the US Air Force in October 2000, we have continually improved training processes with each class, and have achieved customer satisfaction that is second to none.

Picture063.jpgAlmost 1,000 western aircrews and maintenance personnel have passed through our doors in the last decade. US Air Force, US Army, Royal Air Force, Canadian Forces, Afghan Ministry of Interior, numerous South American nations, and many, many more from around the world have trained with us.

Our newly established Daleville Training Facility right outside the gates of Fort Rucker, Alabama is a state of the art training center. We train both aircrew and maintenance personnel. Whether you are corporate or military, we will put together a training course reflecting your organization’s needs. We will keep you proficient and safe.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Comercial / professional products videos use EDGE technology. Take a look to Alabama FortRucker Cairns, I/ITSEC 2012 presentation video.

Great find - and that Alabama video looks awesome - even though I agree with Sith that it has a bit of Red Dawn feeling over it with that Mi-8 :)

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Wow, those videos of EDGE look unbelievable! Funny, I haven't seen them here before.

Also explains why it's taking so long for Nevada to come out... They've been making maps for more lucrative commercial ventures instead :D

Too bad we'll never fly on these maps.

True, its not like we were told we would have access to the Nevada map for free if we bought A-10c Beta, but they never said anything about taking two years....:music_whistling:

Why are they flying an Mi-8 over Alabama?

Who is "they" ? here is a much easier question to answer :

Who is not fling the Mi-8 ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-8#Operators

The following nations currently operate (or formerly owned) Mi-8/17 helicopter in civil or military roles:

Contents