Autopilot Damper on/off?

Aluminum Donkey

May I ask by the damper off do you guys mean LAlt-9: Autopilot disconnect? Because I pressed that (and hold for more than 3s), nothing happens to me (I'm using Mig29A I guess that doesn't matter?), no warning and no unstable airplane. Did I miss something here? Thanks!

May I ask by the damper off do you guys mean LAlt-9: Autopilot disconnect? Because I pressed that (and hold for more than 3s), nothing happens to me (I'm using Mig29A I guess that doesn't matter?), no warning and no unstable airplane. Did I miss something here? Thanks!

Are you sure you are awaiting 3 seconds at the least?

What is your current DCS World version?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Well in my testing it doesn’t make the biggest effect, I didn’t notice any warnings but didn’t look hard, certainly,nothing audio. You can tell that the nose swings back and forth if your not very smooth, the dampener makes it feel more crisp, but doesn’t seem to turn it into an animal like ASC override in flankers. If I didn’t know it was a dampener would’ve taken me longer to find the difference

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I'm no expert, but I don't see a direct explanation on why the plane gives only a few degrees of negative pitch deflection on the horizontal stabilators.

There's this line: IAS and altitude dependant gear ratio from the stick to stabilator;, but I've experienced the same limits at different speed and altitudes.

Ahhh...I was simply pointing to Yo-Yo's comment about it taking an insane amount of down pressure on the stick ("...very strong nose-up moment must be counteracted with absolutely crazy forward pressure..."). I take that statement to mean that just about full down pressure is required just to maintain level flight. And pitch trim only being available for a portion of that means that you could never trim it for level flight in that situation. I wasn't referring to any specific level.

Well in my testing it doesn’t make the biggest effect, I didn’t notice any warnings but didn’t look hard, certainly,nothing audio. You can tell that the nose swings back and forth if your not very smooth, the dampener makes it feel more crisp, but doesn’t seem to turn it into an animal like ASC override in flankers. If I didn’t know it was a dampener would’ve taken me longer to find the difference

Ummm... if the beeper isn't sounding nonstop, Nadia isn't nagging, the damper pushbutton isn't out, the round red light just to the left of the HUD frame isn't flashing, and the warning on the warning panel isn't bright red, then you haven't turned off the damper. Which might be why you haven't nticed a difference.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Left ALT and 1 pressed simultaneously for 3+ seconds!

Left ALT and 1 pressed simultaneously for 3+ seconds!

LAlt-1 turns the damper back on. LAlt-9 for 3+ seconds turns it off. LAlt-9 is the reset button.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.