Updates disappointing.

Capn kamikaze

Amazing how short some peoples memories are.

Check the changelog histories and see where the Hornet got a multitude of fixes and everyone who owned any other module with issues was left with very slim pickings.

But, of course, I forget: you're more important than the rest of us aren't you. My sincere apologies my liege....

Check the changelog histories and see where the Hornet got a multitude of fixes and everyone who owned any other module with issues was left with very slim pickings.

But, of course, I forget: you're more important than the rest of us aren't you. My sincere apologies my liege....

I remember after the A-10C release. The changelogs were just full of A-10C, which is great.. if you're an A-10C pilot. But being a Shark enthusiast, I was left disappointed each time. And the Shark had a few serious issues back then.

I think they've got a good balance at the moment. And I'm really impressed at the rate in which fixes and updates are coming. bi-weekly is just great!

Edited by martinistripes

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I think people forget that we've got a update every two weeks. Some updates of other sims are once in 6 months. The team from ED delivers a fantastic job.

:D

The team is split in many disciplines i think.

- bugfixers

- developers

- testers

- etc

So there are not 80 people constantly working on updates.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I agree with you.

Although people's frustration is understandable.

Hornet has been the most expensive module to date and has now been released for more than 4 months and still lacks any precision A2G munitions and even some basic features havent worked reliably for more than a month.

And with F-14 coming out soon, with its fancy working radar, precision munitions and multi-crew, I can see how people are getting frustrated with the current state of the Hornet.

Edited by Silvern

I wouldn't say "disappointing" but it sure is slow paced.

After seeing Heatblur's promise to release all features from day one on the Tomcat (though their website states otherwise), I would say that's the proper way to work:

Fully test the plane to exhaustion, THEN release it to testing.

I think ED is changing their attitude towards this. The only problem is that they're doing this AFTER the plane was released to early access. That's why you feel disappointed.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Wow, really?

Just because its slowed down, the amount of bullet points in the changelog, doesnt mean the work has slowed down. They are working on radar and all its modes, which is a huge undertaking.

And no, the Tomcat is not releasing with all its features on day one. Dont know where you got that from, BlueAngel.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

And no, the Tomcat is not releasing with all its features on day one. Dont know where you got that from, BlueAngel.

You clearly didn't watch the livestream. Why don't you go do it and listen carefully to the narrator. THAT'S where I got that from, Knock-Knock.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Based on my understanding the Hornet is almost a test bench for ED and the DCS 2.5 engine, they're not just making a module but integrating some of its feature sets into the game engine as they go. I too am somewhat frustrated with the pace of new features getting added, namely A2G and TGP, but I get it's a lot more than just pushing out a module update and more hardcoding some of those feature into the base game. There are a few companies waiting for ED to release their air to ground radar so there's a lot of pressure on them to not only add it to the Hornet for testing but to get a stable version of it into the engine for 3rd party companies to use.

I'm not disappointed by the latest updates but I think it's more a matter of them releasing their products too early. Software development takes time and clearly there's still a lot to do on the Hornet. Things are coming, we just need to be a little more patient I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You clearly didn't watch the livestream. Why don't you go do it and listen carefully to the narrator. THAT'S where I got that from, Knock-Knock.

Is that the "all of the F-14B major features will be available from day 1 of early access" you are referring too? Doesnt really say "all features", now does it.

And Heatblurs own response to this, over in the F-14 AMA on Hoggit:

Various "less important" features still outstanding, and F-14A, and of course testing/feedback/bugfixing etc., and over time we'll continue to enhance (add more depth) things like damage modelling.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

In all the years I've been simming...or gaming otherwise for that matter, I've never before seen updates every two weeks. Sure, there are bound to be moments of disappointment, however, the fact that ED keeps working on this stuff is amazing. We could be like other sims of the past, and wait months upon months for a fix then when the elephant in the room is still the elephant in the room after the update...wait more months.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

In all the years I've been simming...or gaming otherwise for that matter, I've never before seen updates every two weeks. Sure, there are bound to be moments of disappointment, however, the fact that ED keeps working on this stuff is amazing. We could be like other sims of the past, and wait months upon months for a fix then when the elephant in the room is still the elephant in the room after the update...wait more months.

If they keep selling stuff before the product is finished that's what they are supposed to do, right?

Looks weird when you people fall on your knees praising them when the add features they already sold but not yet delivered.

Most of you guys come off as severe apologistas praising a vendor for no reason.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]