Hei Maple Flag, any chance to get more BFM/ACM campaings completing the serie?

LordOrion

I've played BFM campaing for F-15C, I'm currently playing the BFM for F/A-18 and I have ACM and BFM for F-5E here in standby: They are amazing if you want to improve your dogfight skills!

Any chance to see "serie" to be completed and extended to F-16C?

• ACM for F-15C
  • ACM for F/A-18C
  • BFM/ACM for F-16C

In case, consider one of each as already sold :)

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Yes they are in the works. Waiting for ED Aggressor skins for the F-16C.

Eventually we will have a formal Red Flag campaign to complete the series (and you will need the BFM and ACM experiences to be successful).

614956c6869e09dea5ee7c2ba21f13ec.jpeg

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Another question: I've noticed that with the current update, I've received 4 new "Practice" campaigns, one for each ACM/BFM campaign I own.

I understood that those new ones are "preparatory" for the normal campaigns, but what are the differences?

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

The practice missions are in-air starts very close to the range so you can get in the action right away. It's much more efficient than having to start the aircraft, taxi and fly to the range each time.

It allows for a more rapid training experience focused on the engagements. You can still fly back to Nellis or any other airfield if you want after the engagements.

The triggers are the same so where the original campaign is a more realistic full flight experience the practice missions are a great way to keep your fighting skills up when you have limited time.

We heard from some users that were having problems locating the practice missions and having to play them from the Mission Editor so we put them in their own campaign.

We added a skip mission capability too (via the F10 menu) so if you find one is too difficult or you don't need the training for it you can skip it and go to the next one.

Let us know how this works out as we envision adding an Easy version so you don't have to fly against the expert AI if you find that too difficult.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thank you. Difficulty is not a problem (it is already ok as it is).

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Let give my two cents on the practice campaign: IMHO the idea works really fine if played in parallel with the standard campaign: the player should start from the practice version trying and trying again one mission until he gets comfortable facing the specific adversary and then move the standard version to "pass the test".

This way the campaign will be more effective in its purpose improve the BFM/ACM skills of the player.

The only "major" (notice the brackets "" around 'major') drawback is that there is no quick access to one specific plane: you need to play the whole campaign (or skip missions) until you get to match the desired opponent.

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

To play a specific mission you must open them in the Mission Editor (check the folder browser option and point at the campaign folder).

Unfortunately there is no way to do that within the current campaign menu mechanism.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 1 month later...

For the record, I have purchased the BFM campaign for the F-15 and F18. I plan to buy the ACM and BFM campaigns for the F-5E. I would like buy a campaign for the Teen series as they have unique characteristics and makes the campaigns unique.

• 6 months later...

We also expect to complete the following: F-15C Basic Flight Training Qualification, F-15C Aggressors Air Combat Maneuvering, F-5E Aggressors Red Flag and FA-18C Aggressors Air Combat Maneuvering campaigns.

Thank you a thousand times Maple!

• Thanks 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

On 5/14/2020 at 3:11 PM, Sabre-TLA said:

Yes they are in the works. Waiting for ED Aggressor skins for the F-16C.

F-16 Aggressor skin is there...

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg