Guided bomblets for russian planes

ResonantCard1

Hi, recently I learnt about the russian/soviet SPBE munitions, developped during the 80s and launched from RBK-500 cluster bombs. They are IR-guided bomblets like the ones on the CBU-97. Seeing that the US planes have access to that kind of munitions, would it be possible to give the russian planes, like the Su-25T, access to the SPBE munitions too?

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

• 2 weeks later...

Also, now that the Hornet is going to get the Mk.77, could the other planes get similar weapons too? The Su-27 can carry the ZB-500 incendiary bomb, which should be similar. I guess the Su-25 must be able to carry them too.

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

• 2 months later...

There's also the KAB-xxxxS and -SE GLONASS guided variants. I'd imagine the difficulties are answering questions such as:

1. Are these weapons pre-targeted only are they capable of dynamic targeting during a mission?

2. What are the relevant aircraft systems and is there enough information to accurately model them?

3. Do or can any of the player-flyable aircraft currently in DCS use those munitions?

In the case of the IR guided RBK submunitions I'm imagine that we could potentially have those, but with any more advanced systems, possibly not.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.