Su27 - A complete guide to combat employment and tactics

Santi871

r95mEpg.jpg

Had some spare time and decided to make this. Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_jGRnxUhnUSGNLeGNZS0R1aG8/view?usp=sharing

Edit: in the past few days I've updated the guide a few times with corrections, clarifications, a couple screenshots/diagrams and the radar vs EOS addendum, the link I provided will always go to the most recent version

Edited by Santi871
  • Like 12

Thanks for writing and posting that, I can only imagine how much time and effort that took! :thumbup:

The only comment I'd make is that you describe the R-27ER as being sluggish, when it's actually anything but sluggish. It's maximum speed and acceleration values are well above anything the AIM-120 could ever hope to achieve. I've seen an R-27ER top out at over 4,200 Km/h at the point at which the sustain motor burned out. I agree that it has poor terminal performance against targets pulling a lot of G's but it's speed and acceleration are it's main and huge advantages.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Great help, thanks for posting.

Question; does the ASC disconnect automatically reconnect or I have to hit S again?

Thanks again!

DrDetroit

You have to hit S again to manually re-enable it. The system doesn't automatically re-enable.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Thanks for writing and posting that, I can only imagine how much time and effort that took! :thumbup:

The only comment I'd make is that you describe the R-27ER as being sluggish, when it's actually anything but sluggish. It's maximum speed and acceleration values are well above anything the AIM-120 could ever hope to achieve. I've seen an R-27ER top out at over 4,200 Km/h at the point at which the sustain motor burned out. I agree that it has poor terminal performance against targets pulling a lot of G's but it's speed and acceleration are it's main and huge advantages.

Nice guide! Great for a beginner. Though I disagree about always having to lure the F15C into WVR.

I have tried other tactics and none seem to work nearly as well. I usually get 3-4 kills per sortie in 104th. Ambushing is the one tactic that is harder to predict.

Great guide, plenty there for new guys to get their teeth into. 1v1 against an F-15 your best chance is making that Flanker live up to its name because there is nothing worse than getting actives in the face, conceal and flank then give that 15 pilot a surprise wedgie face plant for maximum points. :thumbup:

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

"Push and hold your stick down slightly before and while disconnecting the ASC"?

You must mean pull the stick, right?

Anyway, guide looks good, nice start with the wheel brake button function, i'll read thru the rest later :)

Yeah, I will correct that. Thanks

Cool guide! Thank you very much!

CPU Intel Core i7-4770K | MOBO Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 | RAM 16 GB - 1600MHz - G.Skill Sniper | GPU GeForce GTX 770 EVGA Classified 4 GB - Driver 390.77 WHQL | AUDIO Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di

OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | HOTAS Saitek X52 Pro | RUDDER Logitech G27 Pedals with Leo Bodnar's Pedals Adapter | TRACKER opentrack 2.3.9 - Logitech Webcam C210 - TrackClip Pro