2.5.6 Mustang Campaign Issues

Ref: Blue Nosed Bastards Campaign - P-51 Mustang

• Is anybody else experiencing what sounds like a badly misfiring engine spluttering sound when sitting at the airfield at the start of a mission?

• Aircraft and ground assets are also now misplaced/mistimed at commencement, thus AI crash into each other. Needless to say this makes the Campaign somewhat unplayable. The new lighting etc is stunning though and I am getting good frame rates.

Hi,

The first one is a general P-51 bug introduced with the new patch. As for the second one, see here, the fix has already been sent to ED. The new update messed up the parking spot numbering on the Normandy map, and I found out on the day it was released:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4219366&postcount=56

Thank you very much Reflected. I am loving your Campaign by the way. Great work :thumbup: Here's hoping you will do another WWII based campaign once the new Normandy map and WWII assets are updated/released.

What is typically the release timeframe for updates you've provided to ED? I notice your post regarding the update was on 21st Feb 2020.

Edited by JupiterJoe

This screenshot is taken today and is of the 3rd mission in your Campaign. Two AI trucks on the taxiway and the AI Mustangs crash into them. The last ED changelog for the Open Beta mentions 'fixing' parking etc in the BNBOB Campaign, but clearly there's still a problem:

Campaign.jpg

Yes, the first fix addressed the player's aircraft exploding, because that was a burning (pun intended) issue. Then I had to re-test every mission, which took more time. Fixed AI spawn bugs and other newly introduced anomalies. The 2nd fix has been sent to ED, and hopefully will be included in the next update.

I re-tested mission 3 to be safe, no collision happens. Hang tight for the next patch. Before the first fix I olny noticed that the parknig spots have been reshufled. Only after the patch was I told that the change is more complex, planes that appear at parking spot xy may not spawn there. That's when I started checking each unit.

If you find more issues or have any questions please post in my forum section, I'll find it easier and reply quicker ;) Thanks for the report!

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=615

Screen-200223-211346.png

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else hear a strange muffled loss of hearing sound when in a dive or going very fast?. Kind of like shellshock when i bomb or loud crack happens and you temporarily lose your full hearing. I'm guess another sound bug like the crackle pop sounds at atart up. Very nice work. I'm enjoying flying and re-learning this AC.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I am having issues with the comms menu. Its avaliable during the first minutes of a mission as stated in the campaign documents but i cant command my flight as it is not showing up at all later in the mission. I have the right Channel on the radio. Am i missing something here? Awesome campaign by the way!

Hi. I am having issues with the comms menu. Its avaliable during the first minutes of a mission as stated in the campaign documents but i cant command my flight as it is not showing up at all later in the mission. I have the right Channel on the radio. Am i missing something here? Awesome campaign by the way!

Hi,

I'm fairly sure it's because you are using the "comms menu" button rather than the microphone push to talk button. The former only works while you're parked on the ground (you can shout to the ground crew), but in the air only the latter works.

Hi,

I'm fairly sure it's because you are using the "comms menu" button rather than the microphone push to talk button. The former only works while you're parked on the ground (you can shout to the ground crew), but in the air only the latter works.

Well Im sure thats it! Going to try later. Immersive to say the least. Great work! And great support!

• 1 month later...

Have the issues from the 2.5.6 patch related to lower fps been improved yet? When I played the first bomber mission shortly after the 2.5.6 patch first released I was getting fps <10 when enemy fighters arrive even with choosing the reduced number of units. Would I have a better experience switching install to stable version?

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

Hi,

Others have indicated some improvement, yes. Also, in the latest patch I tweaked the "reduce units" option. Now it gives you 24 bombers only, which runs smoothly even on my laptop with a 1050. I don't see, however, why your rig shouldn't be able to run it with 72 bombers. Even I get more than 10 FPS. What are your settings?

Looks like there have been several hotfixes since I tried it. I will try again tonight with these hotfixes installed. The settings I have been using are in the attached pictured. :helpsmilie: (I don't know how to make images show in line with the text.) With these settings in the P-51d instant action dogfight over normandy I get on average 120 FPS for reference.

dcs_settings.thumb.jpg.cd3adb579c4c61ba2be8f083ab44b533.jpg

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

Well, the updates did improve the fps, instead of 7 fps when bombs are dropping or fighters are attacking I am now getting around 70-90 fps on the same settings.

Now the problem is that the game keeps crashing mid-mission. I have tried it four times. First time the game froze once we started crossing channel. Second try, made it almost all the way through the mission, was circling the airfield getting ready to land, game froze and blue screened with an error talking about memory_management, whole computer restarted. Tried third time, but with mission 4 instead of 3, game froze/crashed when starting to cross channel. Restarted computer and did a repair on the game, then tried it a fourth time. Game again froze/crashed just after takeoff when I was circling waiting for wingmen to join.

The game wasn't doing this before, does anyone else have this or is it just me?

I'm relieved to hear that FPS is back where it should be, but those crashes are a bummer...

It's definitely not related to the campaign, but something about the latest update. When it crashes, and DCS offers you to create a log and send it, do it. Also, you can collect your log files and open a thread about these crashes in this below section:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Hopefully it will help te devs find the cause.