Poor forum loading speeds

Weta43

Hi,

I mentioned this while waiting to download producer's note 4 & Wags said to post it over here.

This forum takes a VERY long time to load & downloads typically get about 25 - 30 kb/s

I just did a test. SIMHQ, lo-mac.com & frugalsworld forum pages take about 5-7 seconds to load - that's probably about average for sites I visit. A screenshot page on lo-mac.com took 25 seconds to finish loading all the images. "Home" on the DCS banner took 7 seconds

This site's forum pages take 32 - 35 seconds to load a standard forum page - no screenshots.

If I try to load several pages in new windows at the same time, it can take several minutes to load the first page.

Cheers.

Weta something wrong you have with connection, for me it loads usually 3 seconds, but I have big packets loss, about even 30% oO.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Ran tracert on 64.182.251.174 (forums.eagle.ru) & a couple of other sites.

I'm OK for the first 4 hops (50ms) till I get to akbr4.global-gateway.net.nz, then the next hop after that (whichever it is) blows out to about 230ms to 250ms (+200ms) then I get about 7ms - 10ms per hop after that till I get wherever I'm going.

Pinging this site runs about 250ms - 290ms, mostly no packets lost.

That seems fairly consistant across other sites - but they don't have problems loading or downloading, so there's some sort of site specific bandwidth issue on my connection to the eagle site

speed test -

Wellington (where I am) 933kb/s dl 244ms ping

Auckland (700km) 4864kb/s dl 123ms ping

Melbourne (Australia) 2777 kb/s dl 99ms ping

LA (USA) 868kb/s dl 216ms ping

St Petersburg (Russian Fed) 441 kb/s dl 769ms ping :-)

Cheers.