Why does my wingman keep running into the back of me?

ouseler

I'm playing Enemy Within 3.0 (which is awesome, BTW). I don't know if my wingman has temporary blindness or what. But when I am holding short of the runway and requesting takeoff clearance, my wingman runs right into the back of the me and makes a big mess.

I've noticed it on missions 6,7,8,9, and now 10.

I either have to boogie down the taxiway to get a lead on him or I pre-empt my takeoff clearance before I get there. Either way, with me being a purist and all it is frustrating for me to have to do stupid stuff just to takeoff.

What gives? Has anyone else been seeing this and what is the issue?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

Wingman doesn’t stop

Just updated to latest 2.5.6.49798

Im having exactly the same issue. After startup in Maple Leaf Advanced Training Qual 09 while waiting to take active, plane jolts and rocks and explodes almost as if hit by AAA. When I looked at the damage I saw wingman at angle in the grass. Obviously he hit me from behind. Happens every time.

Also since update nav lights don’t flash. No matter what’s selected they are always on steady. This occurs in all missions and scenarios.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

It has been reported in the general bugs I believe though I cannot find it at the moment. It seems whatever broke the ground AI routing has now infected taxi AI. I too get run over by the wingman when I'm first in line on the latest OB in the Maple Leaf campaigns. I usually do a quick Request Takeoff and get on the runway before he gets to the threshold.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 5 3600 (4.1Ghz), 32 GB DDR4, Sapphire R9 390X Nitro, Fatal1ty B450 K4

TrackIR, Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

The problem is it’s your wife driving the plane behind you. Mine constantly bangs up my cars...

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.