F-15E UFC poll

=DECOY=

F-15E UFC poll  

1280 members have voted

1. 1. F-15E UFC poll

• Analog (old)
    • Digital (new)

Aw, no CENC-tweeting, then. I has a sad. (sort of. The 229 is awesome :D)

Hmm..or does the -229 actually have the CENC? Now I'm just confused...

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

This is a hard choice... and i like both!!

In my opinion you should make the Analog version first (because it's classic and nice), and then add Digital version later (as an option). I'm sure that there are fans of both UFCs.

I voted for the analog one, but i think we need both versions.

AV-8B | MiG-21 | F/A-18C | F-16C | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf

Are there any major differences in how the information is shown, or is there just another screen (Seven segment -> Something else)?

Gear

TM Warthog | TM MFD | Buddyfox UFC | Logitech G Pro Flight Rudder | TrackIr 5 | Oculus CV1 | Voiceattack+VAICOM | Tacview | Comatflite | too many modules

I voted for analog but only because we don't know the capabilities of the Mudhen you are making. What does Suite 4+ mean for the kind of weapons and systems we are getting? GBU-39, AIM-9X, JHMCS, Sniper Pod, etc? If it's a more modern F-15E the analog might be out of place.

second one all the way, mfds are cool

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

I would say a modern digital UFC gives better overall visibility and integrity and offers easier implementation for those building a cockpit at home, but an option to select different UFC would be a nice addition to this module...

I think its important we have an idea what we are voting on, and what the possibilities are. So here are some real images of the F15 in operation. So you understand whats in these MFD. (images below)

I like the red text in the analog terminal. Its unique in DCS as we know it. And its very verbose. One thing i dislike about the Harrier terminal, is the terse nature of the UFC.

The digital terminal is HOOGE. It really surprised me how chunky and bold the display is. Its unique as well. Appears like a constant Waypoint/Radio/NAV/Tacan display. (i couldnt find out if it had more modes or is Multi Functional). So Chunky.

I highlighted a few things you may find interesting:

Red Circle : This is a ROTATING tactical map. Like a digital compass rose but with a monochrome TADS. It grabbed my attention so much i thought it worth mentioning.

Orange Square : Tracked Wingman

Yellow Square : Better look at the Digital UFC Notice how bright it is compared to the CRTs

Green Circle : Warning lights?

Blue Circle : New Car Lot Sticker.. whats the Highway Mileage? no cupholder :/

There are some fueling images, and the Ready Indicator!

In the cradle.. the fueling boom fins are RIGHT left of the pilots head. HOOGE. A2A fueling is going to make ya palms sweat. *excited feet tapping*

And thats the best image of Analog Red LED upfront terminal.

I particularly like the realism captured with lighting in my Harrier and Mirage (dim and gritty, brigh glare/halo) a Red Led display is something we havent seen in DCS. If its anything like Mirage itll look great!

I also like that CHUNKY monochrome display in the latter model. Hopefully with a wealth of other modes.

TBH, i think the Analog Display actually dates the F15 better.. gives it distinct authenticity. Adds Realism by being Iconic. But frankly, the digital terminal probably has more appeal to the masses. I dont think its as Pretty.

BUT Functionality is my second weakness. Whatever provides the most User Interface.

Side Note, Thanks Guys for the modules. Wouldnt trade my Mirage and Harrier for anything. One day im going to get that MiG19 Fb. Cant wait for the Eagle.

If you ever need professional high grade opinions or a beta tester, i offer my services

thanks guys,

Bartacomus

727385880_Screenshot(947).thumb.png.dedface0312a7381683b1edf76fe72f2.png

493639308_Screenshot(952).thumb.png.8689d3b91c160ce3abbf1fd850c3de1a.png

1090364825_Screenshot(962).thumb.png.cf389903abc119eb77e05954d75419ff.png

1967238378_Screenshot(956).thumb.png.b779f0a3b9fc26e517769d68f50be12a.png

1031256955_Screenshot(960).thumb.png.d668b667960b6774e5b4de6180effcf0.png

44704_524830677589139_776254803_n.jpg.8822c96d3fd4c2ef7055c80b3ed0b8b7.jpg

Edited by Bartacomus

There are some getting wayyyyy too far in the weeds on this one. Both have the same fuctionality as far as user interface goes. No special sharks with laser beams, etc with the new one. One is NVG friendly out of the box and one isn’t...that’s the biggest real life difference. The old ones delaminate a lot too, but that’s talking real world problems and not game problems.

This is a quick question how many amrams can a f-15E hold and also How do you plan or think you will implement a wso

Same air to air loadout as the 15C. RB have said you will be able to operate with 2 people in the aircraft. There will be no AI WSO as its technically not needed.

Same air to air loadout as the 15C. RB have said you will be able to operate with 2 people in the aircraft. There will be no AI WSO as its technically not needed.

But there will I mean what if you want to play single player and also since dcs jtself has access to heatblurs work a jester type or simple ai could be made

But there will I mean what if you want to play single player and also since dcs jtself has access to heatblurs work a jester type or simple ai could be made

Nope, they’re not gonna do it. They’ve been very clear about not doing an AI

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jester was made specifically for the F-14 as a RIO is required to operate that jet. It would not be as simple as dragging and dropping one from the other a complete rework would be required, not to mention you would need to credit HB for that work.

All radar operation, tpod operation etc can be done from the front, so its not needed and could be done entirely by yourself in a single player mission.

If I’m flying the mud hen, I want to fly desert shield/storm missions and what-if scenarios where Iran was drawn into the fight.

Were the newer digital UFC’s available during desert shield/storm???

That’s what will influence my mind the most!

UFC Digital

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,