Maverick Help requested

Ryanwtod

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to DCS. I just wrapped up tutorials for the A-10C and have started dabbling with some missions. I've been trying to use the optics on the different mavericks to find vehicle sized targets. So far I'm not having much luck. Does anyone have any good hints or tips? I was going to try using the Litening pod to find the targets then make a SPI then switch over to the Maverick. It just seems like a very time consuming operation when trying to do CAS and you are low.

The litening method is the best method. It takes a lot of practice to master it, once you are proficient, it takes less than 10-15 second Operation. Find target in tgp make it spi then Sensor select MAV then slave it to spi and then TMS up until it's locked, then fire. You get the idea right.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

well you can have the tgp set SPI while still looking for targets. then all you need to do is switch to mav, point to SPI, lock and fire.

i think it will always be faster than dealign with the lower fidelity of the mav feed.

for snap firing, you could also use the mav-pipper in the hud to aim the seeker and only use the video feed to confirm the lock.

I've flown back and forth alot today main around 10000 ft I can't find anything lol

I'd suggest to start with a simple practice mission first.

The Mission Editor is an amazing tool. It's a bit intimidating at first (just like everything related to DCS, kinda ;)), but you just need to place a few hostile ground targets without waypoints, and a player controlled A-10C with some Mavs and a TGP.

If you drop a waypoint right on the hostiles and make sure to set the waypoint altitude to ground level, you can slave the TGP to the steerpoint and then work your way from there.

Yeah, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but it helps to have a controlled environment in order to learn the systems and figure out the switchology. This way you can focus on the task at hand.

Then in a later iteration of the mission, you could give the ground vehicles a route to follow in order to practice shooting moving targets, and so on.

I prefer the method of finding targets in the TGP and then slaving the Mav to it, but it's also a good skill being able to fire Mavs without the help of a TGP. You'll just have to get a fair bit closer for a good ID.

I'd suggest to start with a simple practice mission first.

The Mission Editor is an amazing tool. It's a bit intimidating at first (just like everything related to DCS, kinda ;)), but you just need to place a few hostile ground targets without waypoints, and a player controlled A-10C with some Mavs and a TGP.

If you drop a waypoint right on the hostiles and make sure to set the waypoint altitude to ground level, you can slave the TGP to the steerpoint and then work your way from there.

Yeah, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but it helps to have a controlled environment in order to learn the systems and figure out the switchology. This way you can focus on the task at hand.

Then in a later iteration of the mission, you could give the ground vehicles a route to follow in order to practice shooting moving targets, and so on.

I prefer the method of finding targets in the TGP and then slaving the Mav to it, but it's also a good skill being able to fire Mavs without the help of a TGP. You'll just have to get a fair bit closer for a good ID.

Thank you I'm going to go give this a shot