Sounds issue?

Harlikwin

Not sure if its an actual issue or not...

I have yet to hear "betty" I have had the master caution come on after I dropped all my stores and the config light comes on, not sure if that's supposed to have sound or not.

Dogfighting airstart... PL-5's don't seem to give a "tone", again not sure if its a "me" problem. I never did "cool" them but they seem to track.

Anyone else?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sometimes I've had betty stop talking. For example sometimes when the config of the plane changes she doesn't say "warning', but then other times it does work.

I'm not sure about airstart but ground-start hot doesn't seem to put the data cartridge in and load it, so I've had to make sure I enter the cartridge to pick up the weapon info before I take off etc.

Weird. It may not be JF related, I haven't played much since switching to the rift and the new sound update. I do hear other sounds, engine, throttle etc, so I thought it was just odd.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hm odd. Yeah after watching some videos, sounds like betty should be there with the master caution on.

Anyone comment on missile tone? I'll look for a volume knob in the pit.

Works for me.

Thanks Coxy, I assume you mean missile tone?

I gotta go back check my sound stuff or do a repair.

I've been noticing a loud beeping sound tied to the MSL Volume Knob. I need to do more testing though before I report it as a bug. I can hot start on the runway and need to turn it down to save my hearing. Not sure if it still happens after loading the DTC.

Edit: It does. It sounds almost like morse code. I'm really starting to think it's a bug. Reported it via https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4129117#post4129117

For me it goes away once the INS is aligned for whatever reason.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

• 2 weeks later...
If you press the master caution, it mutes betty. Press it again and betty will talk again.

Missile tone works too.

I’m having same issue as Harli all of a sudden, keep pressing master caution and messing with missile volume to no avail. Trying a repair. Only happens on air start

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Tried again. Couldn’t get it to work with cold manual start or auto start. Tried manual start in missions I had it work before like the training missions. Tried switching the Betty every combination of switches and dials on the ACP. Can hear everything but Betty. Tried repair. Will try again after the update

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Sorry to post so many times in a row but it’s better then starting a new thread. I deleted DCS then re installed. Deleted Saved Games and repaired. Deleted SDEF and Effects folders and repaired. Sounds like fuel pumps and canopy are working which are also in the effects folder. I guess I don’t have many options left but open a support tickets and see if it’s my install or hardware.

EDIT: fixed after changing builds a few times

Edited by AeriaGloria