M-2000C English Cockpit Mod

gospadin

Or you can install your Mod into Saved Games/Liveries/M-2000C-CPT/

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this mod, it's fantastic! It's a huge boost to those English speakers that want to fly a full-fidelity fourth-gen fighter in DCS.

Of all the modules I've flown in DCS, the stock Mirage cockpit is by far the hardest to read in VR. This may be out of scope for this project, but I'd like to humbly suggest an idea for VR fliers. Would it be possible to make the translated text bigger and more clear like in this mod?

Thanks for this mod, it's fantastic! It's a huge boost to those English speakers that want to fly a full-fidelity fourth-gen fighter in DCS.

I appreciate the compliment, thanks.

Of all the modules I've flown in DCS, the stock Mirage cockpit is by far the hardest to read in VR. This may be out of scope for this project, but I'd like to humbly suggest an idea for VR fliers. Would it be possible to make the translated text bigger and more clear like in this mod?

Not clear from the screenshot what, exactly, is being done differently. How much bigger does the text need to be? In many cases there's not much space for larger fonts.

--gos

I appreciate the compliment, thanks.

Not clear from the screenshot what, exactly, is being done differently. How much bigger does the text need to be? In many cases there's not much space for larger fonts.

--gos

The screenshot probably doesn't do the VR experience justice, but I've taken it for a test flight and I noticed that the text labels were bigger where room would allow for each instrument. This is just my personal opinion, but I would give up realism for the largest text possible just to make flying easier, and ironically, closer to what you'd have in real life in that you'd be able to glance at your instruments and make sense of them more quickly. As a point of reference, the A-10C cockpit works great for me in VR and I really wouldn't change much about that cockpit.

Also noticeable to me is that there is a lot more contrast between the black background and the white text. I feel like the default text color has more of a gray tint to it, and a solid white (#FFFFFF) would help a lot. Also it appears to me that the fonts are higher resolution in some way with sharper edges, but this goes beyond my knowledge of graphics/textures. This could just be my perception and I could be very technically incorrect.

Edit: After looking more closely at the side-by-side comparison in the screenshot, the font size looks about the same, but it's pretty apparent to me that the white is much white-er and has much greater contrast. Perhaps the English cockpit mod could have a version with an extra-white set of text labels as an option.

Edited by NTolerance

Edit: After looking more closely at the side-by-side comparison in the screenshot, the font size looks about the same, but it's pretty apparent to me that the white is much white-er and has much greater contrast. Perhaps the English cockpit mod could have a version with an extra-white set of text labels as an option.

Yea, I have 6 different shades of grey used for the cockpit labeling, none of them are pure white.

Darkest is #575A5C, lightest is #C6CBCE.

I could potentially turn up the whites but that'd double the size, which is already ~180MB once unpacked.

Let me think about whether I want to do another spin or not. Since RAZBAM said their own english cockpit is finally on the way, I will probably just not bother.

It's so disturbing .. we all know that we will eventually all pass away, but be reading what's probably the last post that Gospadin wrote gives me the chills.

I didnt knew him, but feel sorry for his wife and family ... RIP.

... and may this remind us that we dont know if this will be our last day or not, so make it count and live every single day to its fullest, dont get angry, dont worry, be happy, hug your kids and make love to your partner.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Oh noooo :shocking:

All my best wishes to his family who have suffured such a big loss. :cry_2:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

I feel still sorry. Oh.. Gos...

We've talked much about his mod.

He asked me very nicely if I can continue to work on his mod, but I had to refuse for a reason. Of course this is another subject, but I don't know I feel bad...

43 years old. Too early!!!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 year later...

have installed this everywhere I can think of that matches the readme, still have baguette language in my cockpit. Does this go in saved files or the mods folder of the main directory? I installed it in mods folder first with no luck. INstalled it in the main liveries folder with no luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

• 1 month later...
have installed this everywhere I can think of that matches the readme, still have baguette language in my cockpit. Does this go in saved files or the mods folder of the main directory? I installed it in mods folder first with no luck. INstalled it in the main liveries folder with no luck.

Go check out DCS Options Special for this aircraft under Customized Cockpit. Mine comes with an English cockpit. I purchased my Mirage quite early on. Don't know when DCS offered this. I have not flown mine since the cockpit was all French lettering.

Gospadin's mod : JSGME worked just fine at the time.

If I can teach myself JSGME >>> anybody can learn it. YouTube has tutorials for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]