Desert 3.0

To get it to work you must select Summer for your Missions.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altering the seasons has no effect, regardless of the season selected. I have also tried Starway's Ground Texture Mod 3.2 and it has no change.

I did notice that the folder structure of the mods is a little different than that of the Mods folder though. In the mods folder, I find the terrain texture files inside "DCSWorld\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures" whereas the folders for these texture packs appear as "Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures". I wonder if this is part of the problem?

• 4 weeks later...
I installed in 1.5 Beta it but some ground textures looks like this *pic* also at certain altitude it changes to desert. is it normal?

Desert.jpg

I also have this issue. Any idea what could be causing it?

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

any one make it work on 1.5.3?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

It's just the same as for his other mods where you need to put the files in the new location DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures

However for me at least the dark fields under the new engine look near black. More like mine tailings spread flat or an scene from an alien planet than some sort of arid environment agricultural crop. So it went from one of my favourites to one I don't use. Vietnam etc still looks ok.

So is this mod working in 1.5.3 or not?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• 3 weeks later...

Where is the link for the latest?

3.2?

Thanks!

WW

i9-9900K 3.6(Running at 5.0 GHZ) 32GB Memory

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide on installing this mod? Sorry to be a pain. I've tried doing what I can find with JSGME tutorials, but the only part that works is the vehicle tags and skins change colour, there is no change in terrain. Thanks

Can anyone give me a step by step guide on installing this mod? Sorry to be a pain. I've tried doing what I can find with JSGME tutorials, but the only part that works is the vehicle tags and skins change colour, there is no change in terrain. Thanks

Same thing for me... I admit I didn't RTFM as just checked the basic thing to confirm it goes like any other mod for JSGME. And then wondered when basically only ground vehicles textures got changed.

And no, didn't invest more time than 5min to seek something without results.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...

Is this mod working in 1.5.4 ?.

I understand that in order to get this mod to work you have to change the season to Fall, whereabouts in the mission editor do you do this ?.

I haven't played DCS in ages, but i seem to remember that you could use to change the season under the mission briefing tab on the right hand side of the editor. All i can see at the moment is a list of Months, but nowhere can i see anywhere to change the season ??..... i've tried changing the month to September/October but still no desert scenery in game.....please could someone point out the obvious :).

Thanks.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

It's just the same as for his other mods where you need to put the files in the new location DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures

However for me at least the dark fields under the new engine look near black. More like mine tailings spread flat or an scene from an alien planet than some sort of arid environment agricultural crop. So it went from one of my favourites to one I don't use. Vietnam etc still looks ok.

DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures

No one wants to read but several people have posted this. I just got the desert textures working. Can someone please take a screenshot or give an exact location where to pick fall in the mission editor. I can not for the life of me remember and I use to design missions. Been a helluva day too so maybe I'm just too tired.

I see where you can change time/date but I thought there was a specific spot to choose season.

DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures

No one wants to read but several people have posted this. I just got the desert textures working. Can someone please take a screenshot or give an exact location where to pick fall in the mission editor. I can not for the life of me remember and I use to design missions. Been a helluva day too so maybe I'm just too tired.

I see where you can change time/date but I thought there was a specific spot to choose season.

Another thing you can do instead of selecting fall if you want to use the texture at all times for example would be to replace all of the files with the modded files. Simply changing the name of the new file to the old ones (spring, summer,fall, winter) etc will achieve this.

Before yes, now season textures change with the month you select in ME.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• 1 month later...
Another thing you can do instead of selecting fall if you want to use the texture at all times for example would be to replace all of the files with the modded files. Simply changing the name of the new file to the old ones (spring, summer,fall, winter) etc will achieve this.

You mean simply in :

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_MODS\DCS Desert 3 by Starway\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures

change the name of

LandTexturesAutumn

LandTexturesAutumnOther folders in

LandTexturesSummer

LandTexturesSummerOther

for example ?

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G

That is correct. Id suggest testing it with one month before moving on to the others. There is also a mod that was put out that adds an option to your GUI in game. I don;t remember the name of it though. It allowed you to pick which texture mod you wanted for each season. Give a look further down in the mods forum to see if you can find it.

That is correct. Id suggest testing it with one month before moving on to the others. There is also a mod that was put out that adds an option to your GUI in game. I don;t remember the name of it though. It allowed you to pick which texture mod you wanted for each season. Give a look further down in the mods forum to see if you can find it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1954215/

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I made a working version for 1.5.5 for myself, I share it.

-JSGME ready

-fixed the directories for 1.5.5

-fixed the green fields

-added ultra visibility range lua (it will work with high or ultra visibility ONLY!)

http://imgur.com/a/MxnDU

TEMPORARY upload, please if you can, reshare it!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Sj99lqClRuV2Nya011VzJldFU

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hey guys, I made a working version for 1.5.5 for myself, I share it.

-JSGME ready

-fixed the directories for 1.5.5

-fixed the green fields

-added ultra visibility range lua (it will work with high or ultra visibility ONLY!)

http://imgur.com/a/MxnDU

TEMPORARY upload, please if you can, reshare it!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Sj99lqClRuV2Nya011VzJldFU

Thanks bro