JSGME

Dinger

can anyone help me and tell me how to correct a mistake I made when installing the JSGME mod Manager. I GOT EVERYTHING SET UP BUT WHEN IT CAME TO THE PART WHERE U HAVE TO DIRECT IT TO THE MOD FOLDER .when you run it for the first time..it asks you where to install mods...well I accidentally told it to install into the DCS mods folder instead of my mods folder I created in directory....and now I cant seem to remember how to correct this????? what do I need to to to get it redirected to the correct mod folder and not DCS's mod folder??? ANYONE???? Thanks for any help!!!:helpsmilie:

There is a configuration file "JSGME.ini" in the directory where your JSGME.exe file is installed to. Open that with with a text editor and change the path under [MODS FOLDER]

edit:

Actually, it could be a tad bit more complicated. It was quite some time when I set up my JSGME, so ...

But IIRC, then JSGME.exe has to be started from the DCS installation directory so that it knows where to install the mods to. This can be archieved in several ways:

- set up JSGME that way, that JSGME.exe is to be found in the DCS installation folder

- or better: install JSGME anywhere you like, but start it by using a windows shortcut

I use the latter method. I have my JSGME installed somewhere under Program Files but start it with a windows shortcut where I set the "Execute in"-Directory to my DCS installation directory. This way JSGME looks for the JSGME.ini file in my DCS installation folder - which comes in handy if you have several installations (i.e. beta version, etc.).

Edited by Flagrum

NOPE NOT WORKING

.....do I need to edit registry or something??/ it keeps taking me back to dcs mods folder ...I have even deleted JSGME several times and unzipped it back onto my cpu into the c: ...... and still nothing changes keeps going back to dcs mods folder on every try

NOPE NOT WORKING

.....do I need to edit registry or something??/ it keeps taking me back to dcs mods folder ...I have even deleted JSGME several times and unzipped it back onto my cpu into the c: ...... and still nothing changes keeps going back to dcs mods folder on every try

No, JSGME does not store anything in the registry.

Allright, then answer this please:

• Where is your JSGME.exe located?
  • How exactly do you start it? (do you go to the directory where it is located and double click it, or do you use a windows shortcut?)
  • Have you found the JSGME.ini file? Where is it located? What does it contain?

C: where JSGME is unzipped to

Start it with a shortcut on desktop

changed .ini file

[MODS FOLDER]

Name=_MODS

[JSGME DETAILS]

FullPath=C:\JSGME\JSGME.exe

[FORM SIZE]

Main Height=528

Main Left=386

Main Top=188

Main Width=676

Main WindowState=0

this is what it looks like

Check your windows shortcut that you use to start JSGME.

attachment.php?attachmentid=100450&stc=1&d=1404182624

(the lables will look of course differently on your system if you are not using a german windows version ;o)

The field that I marked in blue ("Target" or something like that) should contain "C:\JSGME\JSGME.exe" in your case.

What I marked in red ("Execute in" or so) is the directory where JSGME will install the mods into - i.e. this should be your DCS World installation directory. This is also the directory where JSGME will look for the JSGME.ini file.

BUT do NOT copy your existing JSGME.ini file into your DCS World installation directory. Let JSGME take care of that - if the ini-file does not exist, yet, JSGME will create one after asking you for the name of the JSGM Mod folder. Just accept what JSGM suggests - it will then create a _MODS folder in your DCS World folder - which is perfectly fine.

edit:

Perhaps to make things a bit more clear:

If your DCS World installation folder is "C:\Games\DCS", JSGME will create a directory "_MODS" beneath it: "C:\Games\DCS\_MODS". Here you copy your JSGME mods into. Then you have something like this for example:

C:\Games\DCS\_MODS\MySuperMod\<files & directories of the mod>

When you activate a mod with JSGME, the program will copy everything under ...\MySuperMod into your DCS installation directory (after making backup copies of the original files, ofc).

Example:

Your mod consists of these files:

C:\Games\DCS\_MODS\UnchainRudderFromTrim\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\Macro_handler.lua

C:\Games\DCS\_MODS\UnchainRudderFromTrim\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

JSGME will then copy these files to:

C:\Games\DCS\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\Macro_handler.lua

C:\Games\DCS\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

(blue = files and directories of your DCS installation, green = JSGME directories)

jsgme.gif.8642c23f99f0565396704cfd1b13d3a9.gif

Edited by Flagrum