Guitarist Thread!

Pougatchev

That's way, waaay too much for one day. :)

Focus on no more than one topic a day and try to get a really good understanding. The further you get, the more it will all make sense in the grand scheme, but you need to have a good grasp of the basics. One days curriculum could for example be to learn the intervals of the major scale. Which ones are the half steps, which ones are the full steps? Then try on a piece of paper to write up some major scales in different keys (assuming you are familiar with musical notation, if not, you should start there).

That way you learn which notes are sharp and which ones are flat in which key asf. (once you understand the concept, memorize the circle of fives so you can recall it quickly when you need it).

You can probably get weeks out of any of these topics if you go really deep (and depending on your previous knowledge, which i know nothing about).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

yep! it was too much :doh:

Good idea with writing down on piece of paper, I may try it later or tomorrow.

I think that I may learn positions in Major scale first and read a lot at the same time, just to understand what I am doing etc :book:

By the way, I don't have any previous knowledge, for years I was just trying to copy what I heard from my favourite bands, but I didn't learn anything about scales etc. If something sounded right I was happy, but it took me nowhere :music_whistling:

I just recorded a video. I don't know if I played it right or wrong ;-)

plenty of time to learn before P-47 comes :joystick: