DCS WWII Map Discussion - Page 25 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-18-2020, 08:48 PM   #241
JG13~Wulf

I tried some days ago. It didn't change a lot the fps (maybe 1 or 2).
I think the best think to do is to wait and see for the channel map
Old 01-20-2020, 06:43 AM   #242
Al-Azraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG13~Wulf View Post
I tried some days ago. It didn't change a lot the fps (maybe 1 or 2).
I think the best think to do is to wait and see for the channel map
If you have a high end graphics card, then you will be CPU limited. This means that lowering graphical options that load work on the GPU will not yield a performance increase due to the CPU being the bottleneck. Other options like Terrain Shadows Flat may yield more performance specially in dense tree areas but as I limit my FPS to 60, I will not see any FPS improvement from lowering graphics.

And if you ask yourself why do I limit my FPS having a 1440p, 144 hz, GSYNC monitor, it is because I feel the game smoother if I have stable FPS rather than going to 100 FPS high in the sky and around 52 - 60 when I am low in a dense tree valley. However, I am still trying options in order to find my sweetspot. I will try to unlock frames again today maybe.

The PC is in my signature.
i7 7700K @ 4,8 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5
Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16 C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen
Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 04:53 PM   #243
tapi

Normandy map err near Maupertus airfield:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	err02.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	638.2 KB
ID:	225783  

HW: i7-7700K@OC(delid) to 5.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, MB ASUS Z270-A, GTX 1080Ti, LCD WQHD G-SYNC 120Hz,TrackIR5, VKB Gunfighter, MFG Crosswind, GVL Throttle, Windows 10 64-bit
tapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:45 PM   #244
gavagai

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJockel View Post
You would be fine with a map that fits the historical combat area for these aircraft too.
There are hundreds of sim pilots that won't get into DCS, leaving WW2 multiplayer in DCS dead as it is, and that is just sad.
As soon as you make the map and ground assets separate purchases from the airplanes you've decided you don't care about popularity.

Anyway, the DCS WW2 planset is a chronological mismatch, and so is the current map, and so is the future map. I would really like to see an effort to have some consistency moving forward, but it looks like it is too late.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #245
Al-Azraq

Guys, I have a doubt.

ED stated not long ago that there were two free maps being worked on, one being a WWII map. Well, Marianas was announced for modern setting, and soon after and by surprise, after some demand from the community, Nick Grey announced that they will make a WWII version of Marianas.

My question is: is this the free map ED was preparing for WWII or is there another unannounced free map for WWII?

I have this doubt because WWII Marianas seemed to be a pretty improvised decision.

What do you guys think?
i7 7700K @ 4,8 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5
Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16 C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen
Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:55 PM   #246
71st_AH Rob

No, they originally said that the new free map would be suitable for both WWII and contemporary aircraft. That map turned out to be the Marianna's map. After the initial screenshots were released there was a bit of a hue and cry about how would it be suitable for WWII and before the torches could be lit and pitchforks sharpened Nick Grey announced that a separate WWII version would be released. Not sure if this is the second free map you are referring to, I can't remember where I saw any mention of another free map I do remember that there was talk of a new free map (The Marianas), and two WWII maps, presumably the Channel Map and another one. Both will be paid for I am sure. The real mystery is why did they add the Ferdinand (Elephant) to the WWII Assets pack?

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:26 PM   #247
greco.bernardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
No, they originally said that the new free map would be suitable for both WWII and contemporary aircraft. That map turned out to be the Marianna's map. After the initial screenshots were released there was a bit of a hue and cry about how would it be suitable for WWII and before the torches could be lit and pitchforks sharpened Nick Grey announced that a separate WWII version would be released. Not sure if this is the second free map you are referring to, I can't remember where I saw any mention of another free map I do remember that there was talk of a new free map (The Marianas), and two WWII maps, presumably the Channel Map and another one. Both will be paid for I am sure. The real mystery is why did they add the Ferdinand (Elephant) to the WWII Assets pack?
Maybe a Italy front?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elefan...o_(2-2169).jpg
greco.bernardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:48 PM   #248
Enduro14

Or a Map containing Berlin.....